In July Alice, Andy and I headed down to Myrtle Beach to meet Rachel and Mike for the Myrtle Beach Father Son Tournament. Andy and his dad started playing in it last year and I guess it has now become a father son tradition. On the way to the beach we stopped in Spartanburg to visit Kimmie and Michael and to see there new home. We hadn't seen them since they moved to South Carolina so it was so fun to see them. There upstairs has a balcony that overlooks the living room. Alice loved to stand up there and scream at everyone so they would look at her. We had fun hanging out. Andy and Michael went golfing while Kimmie, Alice and I went to Whole Foods. You are wondering Why Whole Foods, well that is the equivalent of Disney Land to me. I love that place. As soon as I walk into the building I light up like it is Christmas. There is nothing like a fabulous grocery store filled with yummy food. We also went and ate at the best sandwich place while we were there. Unfortunately we only had a day there and then we had to head out to Myrtle Beach.





We were an hour outside of Myrtle Beach when we had to stop for a potty break and to feed Alice. I fed Alice while Andy went into the service station and then I left him with Alice so I could go in. When I came out Alice was balling her head off. I thought she was just mad until I saw Andy's face. I guess while Andy was changing Alice's diaper, Alice slipped right out of the car. Luckily we were driving a van so she didn't fall very far, but she had a huge goose egg on the top of her head and she had a little bloody nose. Other than being mad Alice seemed to be fine. I tried giving her something to drink and eat and she took both things. She was also clapping and waving hi, so I figured she was fine, but Andy was freaking out. After calling his sister (who we all know is a doctor) she told us she thought Alice was fine, but so Andy could sleep we should take her to the hospital. Well, Alice was totally fine in the hospital. She was laughing and playing while we waited for the doctor.


When the nurse walked in Andy was holding Alice. In fact Andy wouldn't give up Alice. The nurse looked at him and said, you must be the one that dropped her. He said, how can you tell. She told him it was how he was holding her. Like she was the most precious thing in the world. When the doctor walked in Alice smiled at him and waved. He looked into her eyes, looked at her head than told us she was totally fine, probably had a headache, but she was fine. When we got back in the car I turned to Andy and said, "welcome to parenthood." Andy's initiation was a goose egg and mine was a black eye. Finally after being three hours late we arrived at the beach.
We had a ton of fun at the beach, oh and Alice was totally fine. By the next day you wouldn't have even know anything happened. She was as happy as can be.

Andy and his dad golfed during the day while us girls swam, slept and shopped. Then when they would come home from golfing we would go swimming again. Alice had a blast in the awesome kiddy pool. It has all kinds of waterfalls, things that pour and things that spray. She also loved watching the other kids play in the water.




One day while the boys were golfing Rachel, Alice and I drove down to Georgetown to meet Travis, Ashley and Dee Dee for lunch. This was Travis's first time meeting Alice. Travis is a personal trainer and a week from then he was going to be in his first body building competition (he did very well by the way, he took first in beginners (I know that not the word, but I can't think of it) and second in overall for his class). It's so fun that Alice gets to meet so many of her extended family.
After lunch we did a little shopping got some awesome cake and then headed back to Myrtle Beach. 
1 comment:
Poor Andy and poor Alice. Glad she's okay.
Post a Comment