So I'm playing catch up on all the things we did this summer. At the end of May my sister in Law Kimmie graduated from Medical School. Yep Medical school at the age of 25. Pretty Amazing huh.
Here are some of the happy supporters waiting for graduation to start. There was Michael, His parents Dana and Tom, and Michaels grandma. Also present were Dee Dee, Tommy, Andy, Alice, and me.
And of Course Mike and Rachel the proud parents. What parents don't love telling people there kid is a doctor.
Let me tell you. Let me tell you. It was a hot summer day and it was 20 degrees hotter in the building. I can't even imagine how hot the graduates had to me under those robes and little bureaus. The only people that didn't feel the heat where the special people on the stage. They had giant fan things that kept them nice and cool for three hours. I'm not sure if it too that long, but boy did it feel that way. Luckily I was still breastfeeding at this time so Alice and I when outside and found a nice bench under a tree where I could feed her. Don't worry, we were back way before Kimmie walked the stage. I had to be. I was the photographer.
One of the reasons the graduation took so long was the Dean felt the need to tell a story about every single student before they walked the stage. No, I'm not kidding. Out of the hundred and so kids that graduated he talked for about five minutes on at least a hundred of them. Kimmie got a really long intro. She even had to point out her parents so the Dean could wave hi.
Look how happy Kimmie is. You know that had to feel amazing. To know that you survived four years of medical school.
When they announced Kimmie's name as soon as it got a little quiet I of course had to scream her name at the top of my lungs. I had ran up the isle to get a good picture so I was right by the stage. I'm sure someone heard me.
After the hot three hours we all gathered outside in the shade of a big tree to take pictures. You know how I am about kissing pictures. I had to put this one in of the happy couple.
The Proud Parents.
Michael's parents and grandma had already left to go down to the country club for the after party so this was all that was left for the family photo.

1 comment:
Super cool. I didn't know her in-laws were the Orr's. I used to work with Dana.
Post a Comment