Saturday, October 30, 2010

June in Seattle

In June Alice, my mom and I went to visit Shauna and the fam in Seattle one of my very favorite places to go. I love love love it there. It had been a long flight and we were really happy to get there. We went out to Dinner and then headed to Shauna's house. Well, we hadn't been to Shauna's house for more then ten minutes when Alice fell on a foot stool and this is what she ended up with. Her very first black eye and a little cut on her eyelid. Poor kid. Alice had just started pulling herself up on things, but she wasn't very sturdy which resulted in the fall.
The next day we all went into Seattle for lunch and then to visit pikes place. We were going to eat at the Crab Pot (where we ate last time Andy and I went to Seattle), but it was super crowded so we took the girls on the merry go round then headed over to Ivar's. It was delicious.
Before heading to pikes place we had to stop at the World Spice shop that is just across the street so I could pike up some yummy spices. I love that shop. It is gorgeous and it smells so good. After getting my favorite cinnamon and a few other spices we headed across the street to Pikes Place.
My mom had never been there so we thought it would be fun to take her. She got to see the people throw the fish and of course we couldn't leave without buying some beautiful flowers. I guess it was all to exciting for Alice she fell fast asleep. So, as we were walking out to the car a Asian man stopped me and asked if he could take a picture of Alice sleeping in the pack. I guess he thought it was cool. The funny thing is when we were in the airport we got stopped by a group of people wanted to take pictures of Alice in her pack. How funny is that.
A few days later we went to the most amazing nursery down the road from my sister so she could pick out a rose bush for her birthday. This place was amazing. The start all there own plants in greenhouses and let me tell you. I have never seen flowers that big. They were beautiful. After picking up a ton of flowers we headed out to there little walking trail. It was one of those with the little plaques to tell you what everything was. Of course we had to take some pictures of the girls in such a beautiful place.


After the little walk we stopped at this little center place in the middle of the stores were there was a huge lawn. Well, it wasn't grass it was turf. The girls played for about a half our on that stuff. They had so much fun dancing, running and doing cartwheels.

We all had fun sitting in a gazebo watching the girls have so much fun. I did end up putting Alice down for a while but she didn't really like the feel of the turf. I think it was because she couldn't pick it and put it in her mouth.
I through this is just because I can't believe how tiny miss Alice was in this picture. That's when I could just block her in an area and she would just crawl around and play with toys, but she couldn't get out. I had a ton more freedom then.
I love to bake when I go visit the girls. This time I made cheesecake for Ben's birthday, cinnamon rolls and the girls helped me make sugar cookies.
Of course we couldn't leave without taking a group shot.
And one with the girls and grandma.
I swear every time I go to Seattle it is around someones birthday and it's usually Ben's. We started off the celebration with Donuts form Happy Donuts instead of a cake. Yum Yum.
Then Ben cooked his own birthday dinner. He made the best ribs I have ever had. I think I ate a whole rack by myself.
I was talking pictures of something and Shauna was holding Alice. Well, all of the sudden I heard my mom giggling. When I turned this is what I saw.
Alice had taken a rib bone off of Shauna's plate and she was going to town. She loved it. When I finally took it away Alice screamed her head off. Poor kid, but I wasn't comfortable feeding her meat. I had just started giving her baby food. That was just to big of a step for me.

No comments: