Monday, October 25, 2010

Banana

Today we went to Jimmy John's to celebrate mine and my friend Elicia's birthdays. Mine was yesterday and hers was today. Well, my mom was feeding Alice lunch and at the end she decided to give Alice a banana. I usually cut the banana up in small pieces or I feed Alice the banana with a spoon, well, Alice couldn't wait so she just took a giant bite.
And then she went in for another and another. I thought she was going to choke to death. Her bites were huge. She ate that banana in about 5 bites. Somehow she was able to chew it up and then swallow. That was a gross processes. She would take the huge bite, then realize she couldn't chew it with it all in her mouth so she would pull some of it out chew, swallow, than add more until the bite was gone.
My mom was talking so she was going to lay the banana down. Alice decided she wasn't through so she took another bite of that banana.
Here is her lovely chewing technique. Yum Yum.
Oh, and don't forget the stuff that got on the sleeve. Wouldn't want to miss a single bite.
Alice did do something cute while we were eating. Alice has a friend named Kennedy (Mandi's kid) that she just loves. She was also there at lunch today, but Mandi kept her in her car seat. Kennedy was holding a book and somehow Alice got a hold of it. A little later I looked over and there Alice was babbling away like she was reading the book to Kennedy. She was turning the pages, talking and showing Kennedy the book. It was so cute. I'm so glad my child finally likes books. For the first seven months of her life anytime I would pull a book out she would cry her eyes out.

2 comments:

Toni said...

The cakes look great. Alice is too cute with the banana. Yummy!

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

woohoo! I'm a proud aunt...books are my favorite. Alice chowing down on the banana reminded me of her eating my banana at the cabin, which makes me miss you. But I still love the post.