After graduation we all met up at the country club to celebrate Kimmie or should I say Dr. Orr, and all she accomplished. There was a ton of food and it was fun just sitting around and talking with family and friends. Kimmie was totally surprised when a delivery man showed up to give her these gorgeous flowers. They were from her hubby. Isn't that sweet.

Kimmie and Alice hanging out. It was super hot so most of us hung out in the shade venturing out to get food and then running back to the shade.
My in-laws thought it would be funny if I made a bum cake for kimmie's party. Well, let me tell you, it was one of the hardest cakes I have done. For some reason nothing was going right. The fondant was to soft and I think I try making the gown about 10 times before I got something I was ok with. In the end it ended up looking more like a nice rack then a bum. I should have put some legs coming out, but by that time I was going crazy so I had to just stop. The good thing was that it tasted good. It was fun watching Kimmie cut in and then to eat it. Just a little funny knowing what it should have been.
Alice was really happy this day and looking super cute in an outfit from Aunt Lindsey. I think we just passed her around all afternoon and she loved it.

We all had fun just hanging out.

My cousin Laura was in town so of course I had to drag her along to the party. I didn't make her go to the graduation, but her and my uncle came to the after party. It was nice having her around. She even helped me with the cake.
Aunt Dee Dee with cute little Alice. It's hard to believe this was Alice five months ago. I can't believe how big she is now. Here she couldn't walk, so she was still content just sitting in your lap and looking around.
Besides the cake I also made cupcakes and cake pops. The only problem was it was so hot, but the time we ate the cake pops they were a mushy mess, but they were a yummy chocolaty mushy mess.
Yummy cake pops.
I still can't believe that Kimmie is a doctor. A doctor. And to graduate Medical school at 25. Who does that. I am so proud of her. I know how much time and work she dedicated to her schooling. She didn't waste her opportunity to learn in Medical school. She had excellent grades and I don't think there was a single doctor that she shadowed that wouldn't love to have her come back and work with them. I know she is going to be a great doctor, plus it's nice to have someone to call when I don't know what's wrong with Alice or Andy. She is now doing her residency down in Spartanburg, South Carolina were she will be for at least three more years. Kimmie you are amazing. 
No comments:
Post a Comment