Alice was able to play in the ocean for the very first time. Before she headed in of course we had to dress her up.
She wasn't sure what to think of the water at first. She wasn't afraid of it, she just didn't know what to think of it. Andy was loving it. He slowly inched her into the water.
I finally realized that I should take her shoes off so she could feel the sand between her toes. She loved it. The only problem was once her toes were in she wanted the rest of herself in the sand. She ate a ton of sand. I mean a ton. A couple of times I had to fish out big pieces of shell, but other than that she was fine. The next few days that was fun. Her poop was so gritty.
After 30 minutes Alice fell fast asleep sitting on her grandma's lap in the ocean. We carried her into the beach tent thing and she slept for a good 20 minutes.
When she woke up she was crazy confused. I guess anyone would be. The last place she remembered being was in he ocean, next she wakes up in a tent.
Once she figured out where she was, she crawled back into the sand and once again started eating the sand. That kid ate it like it was going out of style.
That evening we just hung out at the condo. I love this little dress that lindsey gave Alice. She lived in these at the beach. It was so hot.
Rachel took Alice into a store and let her pick out whatever toy she wanted. Out of all the things she picked she chose a shark and a stuffed animal hedge hog. There where so many cute thing, but she only had eyes for these toys.
The last evening we took Alice out for a little photo shoot in another dress from her Aunt Lindsey.
She had tons of fine while I was holding her and once we sat her on the ground the sand was back in her mouth.

We were so sad to leave the beach. I have always loved the beach and the ocean. It just makes you feel good.

No comments:
Post a Comment