Over the last few weeks I made a few cakes. The most recent was for my friend Holli's baby shower. She loves frosting. She would rather have a bowl of frosting and only frosting, but since there would be other people at this shower I thought we should have cake with the frosting. I saw this cake technique and I knew it was perfect for her. It was a french vanilla cake with buttercream frosting on the inside and swiss meringue on the outside.
The baby shower was a Halloween theme, Baby Boo, so I thought it would be fun to tie the cake in with a ghost and some pumpkins.
Here's Holli. Yeah, she is due in like six weeks. You would never guess she was pregnant. It's crazy. I don't know how she does it.
I saw these on Martha and had to make them.

My next cake was for another baby shower. The woman was having twins. I think they said it was her third set of twins. Can you imagine.
The one thing they really wanted was to have the babies crying. Funny request, but I did my best.
My last cake was a birthday cake that was being served at a Hokie football tailgate.
I think after all of the Hokie birds I have done, I could do one in my sleep, but I do love making them.

3 comments:
Cute cakes! I feel bad for the mother of THREE sets of twins - no, I can't imagine. One set is enough for me!
Okay, your cakes are my favorite. You are so talented. (And I not so secretly hate Holli for being so skinny...)
amazing as always
Post a Comment