Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow, dolls, and a cookie thief

Last week it started to snow, so I thought it would be fun to bundle Alice up and go out and experience it. Alice was really excited about going out side. Just look at that face. That is her this is way to cool face.
I loved the fact that once Alice noticed the snow falling she opened her mouth and tried to catch the snow on her tongue. It was awesome. Alley was loving the snow too, so much that she didn't notice Alice sneaking up to pet her. Alice was thrilled. She rarely gets to pet Alley.
Oh, and Alice held this granola bar in her hand the entire time we played outside. I tried to take it away, but no way. It was glued in her little hand. This is a normal thing lately to see her with a granola bar in her hand. Now that she can open doors the pantry door is constantly open and her favorite thing to get is a granola bar. She doesn't want to eat it, she just wants to hold it. Don't know why, she just does.
So, what happens when Grandma Janice comes over and mommy is busy cleaning. This awesome outfit. I feel like this is a glimpse into our future once Alice can dress herself.
Alice received her first doll last week. Well, first doll that she recognized as a baby. It was an interesting experience for mommy. I'm not so much into dolls, so I haven't pushed them onto Alice. Truth be told, I was planning on just ignoring dolls forever. Well, once she saw her baby she was all smiles.
The most amazing thing is how motherly she is to it. She picks it up, hugs it, loves it, dances with it and she even knew how to give it a bottle. I was shocked.
I felt like throwing the doll out, but she loves it so much. Who could take anything from this kid.
Don't worry, she eventually tries to bite babies face, ear or fingers off. That's my girl.
Alice has discovered the draws on my island. Not my favorite thing, but since I can't get her to stop, I have now stuffed the tops of each drawer with her toys. That way she gets bored of pulling stuff out before she gets to the stuff on the bottom. Now Alice is happy and I'm happy. By the way Linz, I love the dress. Thanks.
We had a cookie thief on our hands today. I baked some cookies for an enrichment thing tomorrow night and I gave one to my mother in law to try. She went and sat next to Alice and right when she sat down her phone rang. Before she new it the cookie was out of her hand and into Alice's mouth. Whole. That was Alice's first cookie and she loved it.
This week Alice and I had so much fun at gymnastics thingy. We ran all over the place and then at the end Alice went somewhere she has never been. The really big, tall bouncy slide. I thought she was just going to watch the kids slide down it, but I should have known better than that. She climbed in and took about a year to climb up the one side. I thought, "there is no way that kid is going to slide down that slide." Once again I was wrong. The next thing I know here comes my little tiny Alice sliding on her belly all the way down (feet first). I jumped in thinking she was probably traumatised, but I was wrong again. That kid had the biggest grin I have ever seen. She then proceeded slide down that slide ten more times. I was so proud of her. While she slide down ten times I thought, "man this kid is going to sleep awesome this afternoon." Wrong again. Alice didn't sleep at all. Not one nap. It was a crazy day and I forgot my camera. If you were wondering if Alice was over her headband boot phase, the answer is NO. This was Alice today.
Now for the throw in picture. Oh, how I love these tender moments.

2 comments:

Toni said...

She is so cute with her baby doll.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

So cute. Love this kid.