Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cupcakes, Modern wedding and Hollywood Sweet 16

So, where have we been the last two months. For pretty much the entire month of February we were out of town and since we have been back its been one thing after another. Last month I did three different cakes. The first was a birthday cake for a little girl that loves cats.

I loved the way the whipped cream turned out. It took about four tries, but finally it turned out the way I wanted it. Like real whipped cream.
Ok, now for the cake that just might be my favorite out of all the cakes I have made. We have a family friend that just recently remarried and the one thing she really wanted was a cake from me so of course I had to say yes. I had free range when it came to the design of this cake. I wanted to go modern since her first wedding was very traditional.
My last cake I made this month was a sweet 16 cake. She is all into acting and movies which could only mean, Hollywood. It's all glitz and glamour for a 16 year old girl.

2 comments:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Andy must have passed along my message. I was super excited to see a new post. And I'm glad to see your cakes. I love them. You're the best! Hope you guys are feeling better. Mom sounded sick face today. I guess the germs got passed to her, too. Love you! 3 more days!!!! ~Wein

Toni said...

I always love seeing your cakes. I hope you're feeling better.