Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter was wonderful this year. The weather was gorgeous, we had stake conference where we heard some beautiful Easter messages about our savior and it was was also Andy's grandma's birthday. I was so excited to dress Alice in her Easter dress. Rachel and I found it down in South Carolina a couple months ago and I have been saving it for Easter day. It was so perfect. Andy even took a couple pictures for me. I don't even think I had to ask.

I love this picture of Alice. I think it just sums her up. She is such a silly, happy, fun kid.
Even Alley was enjoying the beautiful spring day.
After our little photo shoot, we headed down to Andy's parents house for Easter dinner and Birthday dinner for Andy's grandma. We decided to have a little Easter egg hunt for Alice. It wasn't much of a hunt more like a bunch of eggs scattered around in plain sight, but she is only a year and a half so we couldn't make it to hard.
At first she was just having fun carrying around her bucket and didn't even notice the big old eggs scattered around which surprised me. She loves to pick things up and put them in things, but she didn't even notice the eggs until we pointed them out.
Once Alice figured out you put the eggs in the bucket, she started moving fast, picking up egg after egg. Pretty soon she had picked them all up, but she didn't want to stop, so we threw a couple of the eggs back out. She picked those up and she still wanted more, so Andy started to walking behind her stealing eggs from her bucket and throwing them back out while she wasn't looking. She was happy for a while until she figured out what Andy was doing. Then she was not happy he was stilling her eggs. The egg hunt was then over.
Alice has started this funny grabbing her face thing. It usually happens either when she thinks something is supper funny or when she is like, did that just happen. I love it. It cracks me up.
After the fun egg hunt it was time for dinner. My parents joined us for dinner. Andy's dad grilled pizza on the grill and it was wonderful. We even had to birthday desserts to top off the dinner. I love this picture of the birthday girl watching Alice. I love how much Alice is loved.


2 comments:

Toni said...

Alice is adorable in her dress.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Stinkin' cute! Love this kid. We both think she looks like you when she smiles big. Loved all the pictures and the dress...so cute! Oh, and of course, I loved her shoes. They were perfect. ~Wein