Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lately

Lately Alice and I have just been hanging out and enjoying life. We have been continuing to go to her gymnastic thing and she still loves it. I can't believe how brave she gets with each visit. This time she was like, "hey mom what's the hold up. Lets play."
Each time we go Alice does something new. This time she crawled into the giant bouncy thing all by herself. I couldn't believe it. She could care less if I went in with her.
I was trying to get Alice to jump into the foam pit (I am sitting in the foam pit while taking the picture). After a couple tries she would kind of fall into my arms.
Well, a couple minutes later she sees this little boy crawl into the foam pit and she just crawled in after him. It was so cute. They are only a couple months apart. They sat in that foam pit together and talked in there own language back and forth. I swear they could understand each other. It was so cute.
For Christmas Alice got this bike stroller thing. She loves it. She wants to be pushed all over the house at least about ten times a day (it's been way to cold to go outside). It has a fake cell phone that is attached to the front and she loves to pretend to talk on it.
We finally had a day where it wasn't freezing cold so dad took Alice to the park in her stroller things. She was thrilled until her hands froze. Dad forgot her gloves.
We have created some really bad habits with Alice. I would say number one is her obsession with my ipod touch. She loves to watch movies on it. Her favorite things to watch are The Backyardagains and Little Einsteins. This time she was about as happy as she could get. She in nothing but her diaper with the ipod in one hand sucking on the her favorite carmex tube. Too funny.
Alice has started to crawl into anything she might fit in. Her favorite are boxes, baskets or the laundry basket, but she wont stop there. She even tries to climb into my cake pans. It's hilarious. She pulls it into the middle of the kitchen then stands in the middle. She then proceeds to sit down. Once she is down she falls over and gets so mad that she can't fit inside it. It doesn't matter how many times she learns she can't fit, she just keeps doing it again and again.
Alice has also started to get brave enough to climb on everything. She loves her potty. She drags it all over upstairs to help her reach things.

She has also learned that she can pull out her book baskets and use them as a step stole. Now there is nothing standing in her way of the ipod.
Her favorite thing to stand on downstairs is the ceramic stole. When ever I turn around she is standing on it. It think she enjoys being that tall.
Oh and don't forget her book basket downstairs. That is what she uses to climb on top of the stool. The other night Andy was sitting in his chair and before we knew it, Alice was sitting in his lap. She had climbing into the basket, onto the stool then over to Andy's lap. So cute.
Alice is also obsessed with her new rain boots. She love love loves them. Everyday she brings them over to me so I will put them on her. She then marches around the house so proud of her feet in her boots. She seriously marches. They are to big, so she really has to lift her feet to get them off the floor. Oh, and to her, the boots go with everything.
Ok, so Alice's last obsession are these little skinny headbands. They are actually mine, but I noticed every time I wore one Alice would rip it out of my hair and try to put it into her hair. I ended up just giving them to her. They are now worn every single day. Always one, but sometimes up to four. Sometimes she wears them on her head, but mostly they are just really cool stretchy necklaces. If you notice in this picture she has her boots and her headband.



Last picture. I love this picture. I think it really shows Alice's personality. She is such a sweet, cute, fun kid, but she also has the funniest little naughty side that you can see in her eyes.
I forgot. Alice has also learned to open the doors in our house. I thought nothing was safe before, but now nothing really is safe. She can get into everything. It all started when I had left a big box in the upstairs landing. Well, she dragged that box over to the door and started playing with the handle. The door opened. She shut the door again and opened it again. She then got off the box, pushed the box aside and then proceeded to open the door. It was all over from then on. She knew how the doors worked. She is such a smarty pants. The other day I was going to take a shower, so I shut the bedroom door so I could keep her in my room. She looked at me, ran over to the door, opened it, looked at me again, then ran out giggling. What a stinker. The other night Andy went out to his truck to put something in it while I was doing dishes. I soon realized that I couldn't hear Alice I looked around the corner, just in time to see my kid, that has no shoes or coat on, walk out the door to get her dad.
Alice has also learned that if she does something she know she shouldn't do all she has to do is turn around and run as far away as she can from me. It's hilarious. Now she will even shut the door since she knows she can open it.

4 comments:

Ioana said...

She is such a sweetheart!!! I had to laugh at your post because that's what my kids did too and I was totally unprepared for it!:) Life is a lot of fun with kids. Alice sure is a cutie!

Toni said...

Alice is so stinkin' cute. I love hearing of all of her adventures.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Cutest kid as always. I love all the outfits Rachel bought her, and I love her in a headband, especially with a flower. She cracks me up, and I'm glad you wrote all of this stuff down. You know what's funny, I think she actually looks like you in the last picture. That expression seems really familiar. Reminds me of your baby/little kid pictures. Love you! ~Wein

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

One more thought. I was looking at these cute pictures again, and I realized that the only time I've ever thought Alice looked like me as a baby is the picture of her watching your I-pod in her diaper. I think it is because it makes her cute belly look much larger than it actually is, but the larger belly is what I remember most about all of my baby pictures. It was impossible to hide..