Kimmie and Michael surprised us this Christmas with a gift card to a gymnastic studio. It shouldn't have been a surprise since Kimmie is crazy about gymnastics. If it is on tv she is watching it and if it's not she is watching it on her computer. Ok, back to the story. The gift card was for an open gym class for walking to five years old. I didn't know how Alice would like it or even what to expect. I definitely did not expect the giant blow up slide and blow up bouncy thing. Plus the kids had full run of the entire place. There were four trampolines, tons of mats, bars, balls, balance beams and one very large foam pits. I would have gone crazy in a place like that. Alice was a little nervous right in the beginning probably since when they said the kids could start playing it was like a mad house with kids screaming and running every which way, but soon she was joining right in.
Alice loved the long trampoline. It wasn't as springy as the other ones so it was easier to walk on. She would just prance down giggling the whole way.
Her favorite mat was the mats under the uneven bars. They were covered in chalk and she loved arming crawling all over them. She was really dirty after that.
Grandma Rachel came along to be mine other set of eyes and ears. Alice also loved bouncing with the kids on the trampoline. She didn't care that they were way bigger then her or that they kept knocking her over. She would just get back up and keep bouncing. She also thought it was so funny when they would play popcorn with her. She didn't know that was what was going on, but she thought it was really funny.
The foam pit was more fun for me then Alice. Alice just kind of floated on top of the foam since she weighs as much as a feather. Of course she lost a sock, but we found it right away.
Alice was a little nervous of the giant bounce thing, but she loved it when there was no other kids in them. We crawled through the tunnel, slid down the slide, bounced around and she stayed clear of the weird tube men. They were weird.
Alice ran, jumped, crawled and bounced for an hour straight. As soon as I put her in her car seat she was asleep. Thanks for the awesome presents guys. I can't wait until next time.

1 comment:
What an awesome gift. I knew Kimmie used to do gymnastics and had her own balance beams, but I had no idea she loved it so much. If I ever saw her, I'd watch gymnastics with her. I still like it, too.
Post a Comment