Christmas Day started out like it always does. Andy wakes up super early to excited to sleep anymore and once Alice is up we are headed down to Andy's parents house for their traditional Christmas breakfast. It was wonderful as usual. Biscuits and sausage gravy, eggs, baked apples, potato casserole, homemade jams and cinnamon rolls. Yeah, Rachel is a great cook. We also had a great surprise for Christmas. It was actually snowing. We have had a few white Christmases since I moved her ten years ago, but this was the very first one where it was actually snowing. Not only was it snowing it snowed all day. it was beautiful.
After socializing with people over breakfast it was time for presents. Alice wasn't sure what was going on at first. Don't you love the look on her face. It says, "what is going on mom. What am I supposed to do."
it only took a couple seconds and Alice was digging in to what Santa left her. She got a jack in the box, a new play house thing, a bike/stroller thing and a singing trio. She loved everything.
It was so much fun watching her discover one thing after another.
Now when it came to wrapped gifts it was the same old story. She didn't know what it was or even care what was inside it, but once it was unwrapped she was all about it. Plus I had fun unwrapping everything. Andy's grandma also came down to spend the day together. I think we wore her out, but I know she loved it.



This year Andy and I were really proud of our gift to his dad or should I say we were proud of his reaction. We usually get a "you shouldn't have," but this year we received a "wow." It was awesome. Andy was so proud. It was a pizza stone for his green egg. The best part is we have already benefited twice from it. Let me tell you. It makes a great pizza.
This year we were spoiled rotten. I mean spoiled rotten. I feel a little guilty about it, but I did feel really special. Andy's dad had fun this year picking us all out hats.
Even Andy wanted in on it.
While we opened our presents we Skyped with Kimmie and Michael. Unfortunately Kimmie had to work for Christmas so they weren't able to be there for Christmas day, but thank goodness for Skype. It makes the separation not so bad and it was fun seeing them open there presents. After all the fun at Andy's parents house we headed back into town to visit Andy's Aunt and cousins. Once again we were spoiled rotten. We then headed back to Andy's parents house were we just relaxed and had fun until it was time to go home. Alice was really ready to go home.
I think we had been in the car for five minutes when I looked back to find Alice like this.
I think she had a fun Christmas. She slept for a good hour. It was a wonderful Christmas. You know what was my favorite part of Christmas. Spending time with our family and friends and talking to my family on the phone. That is why I love holidays. They bring families together if just for one day. Thanks everyone for making our Christmas so special. We love you.

1 comment:
I think about Rachel's breakfast for a few weeks before and after every Christmas (and occassionally throughout the year). Can't wait til I'm there to participate again. Loved the hats.
Post a Comment