Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is a fun day at our house. Not only is it the day you get super excited about Christmas, but it is Andy and my Anniversary. Eight Years. I can't believe it has been eight years. That means we have been together nine and half years (from the time we started dating until now). Doesn't that sound crazy. It does to me. Well, we started the morning with a yummy breakfast for the three of us. A french toast cake. It was delicious. Alice really loved the raspberries. I think she ate a half a pint all by herself.
We then spent the rest of the morning and afternoon just hanging out as a family. I love this picture of Alice and Andy. Like father like daughter. Both of there bums hanging out. It just cracked me up.
Here's a close up on Alice. She cracks me up. This happens a ton and eventually the pants come all the way off and she loves it. She is so happy just running around in her diaper.
That evening we went to my parents house for dinner. Andy's mom and dad joined us plus the Foresters, Durhams, Lecks and the missionaries. We had great food and it was fun watching the little kids run around together. Of course Alice was right there in the thick of it. I swear that kid thinks she is four. She has no idea that she is a baby. After dinner we had our first Christmas with my parents since they were leaving the next day to go visit Lindsey and Kurtis and my mom's parents in Utah. Alice started the night out with a bang. She thought it would be fun to give my dads cell phone a bath in Tuckers water. Did I mention my parents were leaving the next morning for Utah. Luckily it didn't do any permanent damage.


We had so much fun exchanging presents. This year was awesome. Santa was really good to me. I got everything on my list plus some. My mom completely surprised me. My little sister Lindsey and I were looking up necklaces on etsy when I found one I loved. I told her to call Andy and tell him about it. Well, I had already opened Andy's present (a silhouette, I couldn't believe it. I wanted one so bad. I had entered into about 30 giveaways hoping to win one, but of course I didn't and Andy told me I wouldn't be able to get one. When I opened my present for Andy I was stunned to see it in the box. It took a little time to register what it was. I was shocked. He totally surprised me. I then proceeded to hug him to death.) and it wasn't the necklace so I figured I wasn't getting it. In fact I even went on line to buy it, but it had sold. I was bummed and then I opened my up my present from my mom. There was the necklace. I actually started to cry. I know. I'm such a baby, but I was just so happy to see it. It's a little nest with a tiny pearl in it with Alice's initial. Alice opened up a couple presents and she loved what she got. Shuana gave her this cute polar bear. She carried it around all night.
I love my parents. They crack me up. My dad was giving me a hard time about tilting my head when I get pictures. I told him it's one of the five steps for taking a good picture. it makes your neck look longer. Well, he decided to try it out and my mom joined him.
My grandma Carol got Alice this dog. It sings and spins around. You can tell by the look on her face that she loved it. In fact she carried it around for two whole days. She took it everywhere with her. It was funny and really loud.
That evening we all got to bed late. We were all too excited about Christmas morning.

3 comments:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Wish I had been there. I love the posts. I have a few favorites. The one of Andy and Alice cracks me up (and I love that her pjs have dinosaurs on them). And then I love all of Alice's cute faces, especially when she is looking at Grandma's dog (make sure you tell Grandma about that...she'll love it), and then the one of mom and dad cracked me up.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Oh, and the other one I love is of you. It's a great picture. I'm glad you put it in. :)

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Oh! AND the breakfast...how could I forget that?!!! MMMM...looks like heaven. I vote for that next time I visit you.