Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Kimmie and Michael Visit

We didn't get to spend Christmas day with Kimmie and Michael, but they came up on that Monday after Christmas. They were here for the whole week. It was wonderful spending time with them. We started the visit with a dinner at Michael's parents house. I love when we are invited to the Orr's house for any meal. Michael's parents are amazing cooks. The food is always mouth watering delicious. This meal was no exception. It was wonderful. The next day we all loaded up in the car for couch shopping in Roanoke. Kimmie and Michael watched Alice while I looked for a couch. It was a long day and I didn't find anything, but Alice had fun with her Aunt and uncle.
While in Roanoke we met Michael's Grandma at K&W for lunch. Alice loved the mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. The funny thing was Alice and Kimmie ordered the same thing.
After our lunch visit we were all ready to go home especially miss Alice.
Later in the week we all met up to go to a Virginia Tech basketball game. Alice usually doesn't get to go since they are usually past her bed time, but since this was an afternoon we decided to give it a shot. This was Alice's first basketball game. I thought she was going to love it. All the people she would be able to watch. Boy was I wrong. She balled her head off. I was the only person who was allowed to look, hold or touch her. We were only there for the second half, but she spent the whole time curled up in my arms with her arms wrapped around clinging on for dear life or trying to cover her ears. It was so sad. I felt so bad for her. I thought maybe if we sat there a while it would get better but it didn't until...the game was over and people started to walk out. At that moment she turned it on. She was waving, smiling and saying hi. It was crazy.

We were also able to spend New Years Eve together. We munched on hamburgers and played around. If you are wondering why Alice has no pants, well, they sagged so low they fell off.
Michael was determined to turn Alice into a soccer star, but she was more interesting in just throwing the ball around. Don't give up on her Michael, give her some time and you will have to help her since I have never played soccer a day in my life.
Saturday was great. We all just relaxed all day, ate Cheesy Westerns for lunch, watched Andy and Kimmie fight over the Ipad like they were little kids again, hung out at Best Buy and had delicious green egg pizza for dinner. It was wonderful. Sunday was a sad day. It was the day we had to say goodbye. It was sad seeing them go, but that is how it goes. The good thing is they don't live to far away so we will be able to see them more then twice a year. Plus we have to go visit so them so we can use our chucky cheese gift card. Miss you guys and love you.

1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

I think I'm in heaven. You've put so many posts up that I've lost track how many you've done. I don't think you'll ever be about to top this. Love all the fun facial expressions from everyone.