Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Grocery Nap

Alice has been fighting naps lately. I would say three days out of the week she skips her naps. When she skips her naps I don't just let her run around I make her stay in her crib for an hour (her usual nap time) mommy needs her quite time too. On the days she doesn't want to nap she just sits in her crib talking to herself, her stuffed animals and most of the time she just jumps around. I don't know how she doesn't just pass out, but she doesn't. Last week after an hour I figured she wasn't going to nap so I went and got her. We read some books and played a little and then we headed to the grocery store. I only live about a three minute drive from the grocery store, so when I pulled up to the store and saw that Alice was passed out I was a little surprised, but I figured she would wake up when I took her out of her car seat. Nope. She was fast asleep. I thought, "well, she will wake up when I put her in the shopping cart." Nope. Wrong again. She just bobbed around not able to wake up. Finally I used my shopping bags as a headrest for her little sleeping head and went shopping. She slept through the entire trip, back in her car seat, out of her car seat and a little longer on the couch. It was crazy. This was seriously the first time Alice has ever just passed out. I guess all those skipped naps finally caught up to her. Poor kid.

No comments: