We had a fun busy day this Fourth of July. Andy and my dad played in a golf tournament, while Alice and I went for a walk, played at the park and got ready for our annual fourth of July party. We had a major breakthrough this day. Alice actually let me pull her hair up and she had a bow in her hair all day. Such a small thing made me so happy, but I didn't like how old it made her look.


That afternoon it started to poor. It rained heavy and steady for a couple hours. I thought how are we going to have 40 half with are kids couped up in my parents house? Thirty minutes before the party started the rain stopped and then it got so warm things dried up enough that we could be outside. At 6:oo the party got started. Of course we couldn't get the grill working. We had 40 people to feed and no way to feed them. Luckily my dad's neighbor Ivan came to the rescue with some part and the grill was fired up.
We had tons of yummy food and so much fun just hanging around talking and watching the kids play together. We had so many kids this year. Any one 1 1/2 and up was in the back yard playing tag, crochet, or tossing a ball around.
We also had a birthday to celebrate on the fourth. It was Alice's little friend Paisley's 2nd birthday. I made her a cake for her, which I did not take a picture of, but after we sang we just let her go to town on the cake. She didn't even use her hands, she just took bite after bite. It was hilarious. Luckily she was consistently biting in the same spot so there was cake she share. Even Alice had a little cake. Around 7:30 we all headed to the front to have out own firework show while we waited for the town firework show (from my parent's driveway you have a perfect view of the town fireworks. It's awesome). Between all the different families fireworks, my parents neighbors and the town fireworks we had a sold two hours of fireworks. It was awesome and so much fun to share it with so many people. Can't wait for next year. Maybe we will make it an even 50 people. Hahahaha.


3 comments:
We all had such a good time. I'm so glad we decided to ask your parents if we could watch the fireworks at their house. It's now one of our favorite traditions. I love your cakes too!
If you haven't already sent me these pictures of Alice, please send them. They are my new favorites. She looks so cute! Can't wait to see you guys. :)
So much fun. I love little Alice's hair pulled up this way. You have to do it more often. It shows off her cute face. The last picture is just beautiful. I am getting excited to see you guys.
Post a Comment