Sunday, July 10, 2011

We have been...

Ok, I started this post in July and never finished it. I thought I would just finish it now. July was a sad month for us. A ton of our friends graduated from Med school and moved on. We had six families move. Poor Alice lost most of her little friends. We were especially sad to see my friend Mandi leave. Fortunately for us I was able to watch my friend Mandi's daughter, Kennedy for a few days while they packed everything up. Kennedy was Alice's best friend and it was so sad to see her go. They have been together since they where about a month old. Luckily they only moved to Pennsylvania so it's not too far away.
Alice has picked up golfing. Well, at least her form of golfing. Alice loves to go out with her daddy. Her favorite thing to do it run around picking up the balls and poling out the pin. I think they last time she went she discovered the sand trap. I'm sure that was fun trying to keep her out of it.

Alice's new trick is to play as hard as she can then as soon as we put her in the car she passes out. The trick is to get her out of her seat and up into her crib without waking her up, because if you don't she thinks that is all the nap she needs. If you are wondering what is going on with all the bags around her it is from our CSA Farm thing we are part of. This particular day, was my day to pick up and delivery all of the produce to the drop off site. I don't think we could have fit one more bag in our little Prius. Not the smartest car to choose. We should have brought the Forester.
Alice loves to swing. It is pure joy to her. She asks to do it all day and if I don't take her out immediately she sneaks out the doggy door and just starts running. She doesn't even look back to see if I'm following.
Alice learned the joy of riding down the stairs in a box. She loves it. In fact, between boxes and balloons I don't even know why we buy toys.

Andy had thought it would be fun to try too.
The box didn't think it would be fun. We ended up having to get a new box.
Alice's best friend in the entire world is Tucker and tucker is such a patient dog. He lets Alice crawl all over him. I think secretly tucker actually likes all of the attention.

1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

LOVE the pictures of Miss A. The golf pictures still crack me up. And her outfit in them is darling...that must be from the neat store Rachel likes. And I love her giant smile on the swing and big smiles next to Tucker. Keep the cute pictures coming! :) ~Wein
P.S. Since you mentioned balloons, I think you need to put on a post about the balloon animals that you made. And your pillows since were already talking about posting. And of course, more of Alice!