We have had a lot of first starting with this summer. Alice took swimming lessons for the first time and she loved them. She just jumped right in and was ready to go. We had already been practicing holding our breath under water so after 2 weeks we bumped her up to the next level. By the end of the summer she was able to float on her back and stomach and also swim while keeping her head under the water and kicking her legs. Next year we will have to work on using her arms.
Alice was a trooper. The water all summer was super cold do to our not very warm summer and the country club being to cheap to heat their pool. Most of Alice's lessons by the half way mark most of the kids would leave because they were to cold, but not Alice. She finished every lesson and would get out a little popsicle with purple lips. She loved her lessons that much.
Cora and I had fun watching Alice swim. This was Cora's first time having to wait while her sister had fun at a lesson.
Cora also starting sucking her first two fingers instead of her thumb about this time (linz does this look familiar). She now sucks her first two fingers during the day and her thumb at night. I guess she likes to change it up. Keep it interesting.
Alice went to her first friend birthday party (that she could remember) and she was soooo excited about it. It was a tea party themed party so the girls where asked to wear their tea party clothes. Days leading up to this party alice she would ask every morning if today was the day. She even got to pick out the present. She knew what she was going to pick out before we even went to the store. It was a Do Do Do Dora (that's how she always says dora's name) microphone that she had been wanting for months.
I got the opportunity to make the cupcake toppers for the birthday party. There were tiny tea cups, tea pots, pastries and monograms.Mollie (the birthday girl) is one of Alice's bests friends and we are so lucky to have her living right next door. Alice really wanted to go to the party all by herself. She did not even want me to walk her over, but I told I had to. As soon as we walked in Alice turned to me and said, "ok mom you can go." Oh how I felt so loved. Alice had a blast at the party. She talked about it for day's after. Now she always asks me when we can have her party.
Hokie season has begun and Alice got the opportunity to go to her first Hokie game. She was excited to go especially to see her Aunt Kimmie and uncle Michael and to eat hot dogs (which they had a foot long corn dog).
Alice really like the tailgate, but she said the game was to loud. I think they only lasted an hour. Cora also had a first. She wore her very first Virginia Tech out fit and may I say she looked adorable. Thanks Grandma Rachel for the awesome Hokie outfits.
Another big first for Alice was her first day of preschool. She goes to St. Paul's Preschool at a local Methodist church here. Some friends of ours have their kids there and they love it so we took them at their word and signed Alice up. There was so much excited that morning as we got ready. She picked out her cute mermaid outfit, I let her pick what we ate for breakfast, crepes (she asks for them by saying, "I want the thing with the whipped cream on top and the whipped cream in the middle. It's all about the whipped cream.), and it was bring a stuffed animal to school day so she got to pick her unicorn. She is all about the unicorn.
We got there and Alice was excited to see her name on the wall above her hook.And when she walked she saw they were playing with play dough. It made her right at home. I thought she would be a little nervous when I left, but she didn't even notice I was there. She just walked in and started playing. I had to ask her for a hug and kiss goodbye. I guess I should be happy she wasn't making a fuss, but I have to admit, I was a little sad she didn't need me anymore but I was happy she was so excited.
When I picked Alice up she was all smiles. She loved it. Her favorite parts were the art projects, the other kids, playing at the park and her little box they gave her that had scissors, pencils, crayons and glue. She was all about the scissors. As soon as we were in the car she asked when she got to go back. Since then she has loved it more and more. She is starting to make some friends and she just has fun fun fun. I am proud of her because every day so far she has gotten a sticker and a stamp which means that she is being good, listening, playing well with other and helping when asked. I am so proud of her and I love that she finds preschool so awesome. She is an awesome kid. Our last big first was dance class. Alice is taking ballet and tap and she loves it. In order to get ready for class Grandma Rachel took her to a dance clothing store (Dance Etc) to buy her shoes, bag, tights and her cute dance outfits. She loved picking out her outfits and we have been wearing them every day since them.
It was so fun watching her dance. She listened, she loved doing all the moves and she only wiggled a little bit. She was so cute and good and kept a smile on her face the whole time. She has three little friends in her class. Which makes it even more fun for her and fun for me since I have someone to talk while I wait. After class her teacher came up and asked if she like the class and she yelled, "yes I love it." Her teacher than asked if she was excited for next week and she once again yelled, "yes." She is one happy girl and I can't wait for that dance recital and the end of the year.
Cora is the sweetest little baby. She is sweet, happy, loving, super cuddly and she is a mommas girl and I love it. She is six months now which blows my mind. She weights 17.5 lbs and is 27.5 inches long. She is in the 80% for both. Cora loves her sister Alice. Alice gets her to laugh all day long and whenever she sees Alice it puts a smile on her face. Cora can also say, "Mama." I know she has no idea what it means, but she loves to say it and I love hearing it.
Cora has also had some first. Starting at 4.5 months (on the 4th of July) we started her on rice and oatmeal cereal and she loved it. She gobbled it down. She likes it so much she leaves her mouth open between bites waiting for more and if you don't do it fast enough she starts to cry. It's pretty funny.
She also loves to such on her bib if you don't feed her fast enough. That makes for a fun mess.A month later I decided it was time to start her on real food. Not sure why I picked green beans but I did. You can see from this photo she was super excited about eating.
And then she realized they were green beans. Let's just say they are not her favorite even now.
I should have started her on carrots or sweet potatoes instead of green beans. I really don't know what I was thinking. Since this one time she has loved everything else. She has had sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, apples, prunes, peaches, pears and apricots. She is such a good eater. There is never a fight and she eats everything. It is wonderful. Another first for Cora started at her six month mark. That is when she started army crawling. It opened a whole new world to her. Now almost a month later she has now started crawling on her knees and you she see her go. She is super fast and getting into everything.
Alice is also experiencing a first. Now that Cora can move so well she now can get to any toy Alice has out so Alice is having to learn how to share her toys, put her toys up or play with them somewhere Cora can't get to them. Alice and Cora are becoming the best of friends. Every morning while I get ready Alice and Cora hang out on my bed. It is so fun to see them play together. Alice loves to give cora toys, she sings to cora, and they love to watch the ipad together. I just love watching them interact. There is just so much love between these sisters.
Cora always wakes up crying from her naps. Always. And Alice is always the first to run in the room and do whatever it takes to get Cora to stop crying. Sometimes that means shaking a toy, other times it's saying over and over, "It's ok baby. It's ok," but most of the time she just crawls in the crib and lays with her. Most of the time it does get Cora to stop crying and Alice is so proud when she does. My heart is full.


























4 comments:
Such beautiful girls!!! They're getting so big!
Loved this!!!!!!! More please. :)
Loved reading all of the updates. Alice and Cora are too cute!
Way to go bug! Great blog post now you need to just keep them coming. I loved reading all of their "firsts" and they are both so adorable. Love those girls and I am a proud Aunt!
Post a Comment