From the first of Sept. I started asking Alice what she wanted to be for Halloween and the same answer came over and over, "I want to be a beautiful, pink flamingo." I wasn't sure how I was going to make a pink flamingo costume, but I figured I'd come up with something. I was all ready to go with the pink flamingo costume when a package arrived from my sister Shauna. As soon as Alice saw the minnie mouse costume that was it. She had to be minnie mouse for Halloween. I was a little bummed I wasn't going to be able to make her costume, since I have the last two 3 years, but it did mean I had no work to do. Of course that meant the rest of the family had to dress up too. Alice was minnie mouse, Andy was mickey mouse, I was goofy and Cora was minnie sporty mouse (I'm not a huge fan of dressing baby's up since they don't eat candy and they can't trick-or-treat, but Alice was excited so I came up with something). We needed a daisy and donald duck but both my parents where out in Utah so they got to miss out on the fun. Our first event was the ward trunk or treat and pot luck. Alice had a blast running around with her friends. It was super cold that night so we did all the trick-or-treating in the church.
Cora was super tired after such a fun, loud and crazy night.
Next Halloween event was the Halloween party at the country club. It's one of our favorites. They have games, candy, a Halloween egg hunt, a hay ride, bouncy house and slide and then they have a trunk or treat.
Andy's parents joined us. They were adam's family.
Our last Halloween event was Alice's preschool Halloween party and parade that was on Halloween day. That morning we were watching Jack and the Neverland pirates while we were eating breakfast and Alice said, "I wish I could be a pirate like Izzy." I told her that she was a pirate last year for Halloween. She couldn't remember so I pulled out the costume. Then of course she had to be a pirate. I was so happy I made it large last year because it fit her perfect this year. She was one cute, happy pirate.Alice loved the parade. The came out one door, waved, stopped for a few photos and then then were back inside for their party.
Alice's two best friends from preschool are the little girl dressed as Jessie for toy story (Carlie) and the little girl dressed as a minion (Gretchen).
Alice loved the parade, she loved the waving and she really loved having her sister Cora and her grand mommy there to watch it all.
After preschool, Rachel, Alice, Cora and I jumped in the car and headed down to Tennessee to go to Dollywood. It was Rachel's and my birthday celebration. Andy was going to meet us there that night after he got off work. We were all excited. (this was our stop at wendy's for lunch on the way the workers thought alice was so cute in her costume. The manager even asked to take a picture with her.)
And look at the view from our cabin. Tennessee is gorgeous.
I forgot one more Halloween celebration for Alice. At dance class they had a halloween costume party. They all got to wear their costumes to dance, they danced a little, they colored and they had snacks. She was so excited to show her dance teacher her minnie costume. Alice loves dance she is so lucky, she has four friends in her class. Heidi (poodle skirt), Aubrey (sophia the first), Eliza (peter pan) are friends from church and Kacey (pink princess) is a friend of hers from preschool. Mom is lucky to because that means I have lots of people to talk to during class.



















2 comments:
Love it! My favorite as you all dressed up together. I can't believe how many posts you did!
I loved reading all of your updates.
Post a Comment