Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sea World and Chill Day

Day 2 Sea Wold. I think I am safe to say we all love Sea World. It's a slower pace, the shows are awesome, you actually get to sit down for a good amount of time, Alice loves the rides and there are sea animals. What more could you ask for. Just like always our first stop was the flamingos. I miss how Alice used to say amingo instead of flamingo. It was so cute. Alice loves flamingos. We were also lucky to have another day with amazing weather. It was even warmer than the day before. Shorts and tshirt weather. 

Our first stop was the dolphin show. I think it's the best show at sea world. It's like circus soleil in water with dolphins. I think we also love the snacks we eat while waiting for the show to begin. Before the show.
During the show. Look at those faces. Something cool just happened. 

Next was petting time at the sting ray pool. I thought Alice would be a little scared to pet them, but nope. She loved it. We had to pry her away from the pool. She was a little disappointed that she couldn't feed them like last time (they only have feeding at certain times) but she got over it pretty quick.

This time we were in for a surprise. It is something that they have been working on since we started going three years ago. They finally opened there Antarctica/penguin exhibit. It was Disney amazing (a term we use to rate how magical something is since Disney knows how to do it best). You felt like you were walking through icebergs in the Arctic. Instead of just going and seeing the penguins, they actually have a ride now that takes you to the penguins. You ride in the thing following the life of a baby penguin named puck and right at the end when you think he is going to be gobbled up a wall opens and then there they are. Tons of live penguins. It was awesome. I will say it was super cold standing in line. I think the line and ride are 40 degrees and the actual penguin exhibit is around 32 degrees. Not so fun in shorts and tshirts, but it was worth it.



After the ride we decided to have lunch here in Antarctica and it was delicious. 
Alice even got to have her picture taken with Puck the Penguin holding her own baby Puck the penguin. 

After the penguins we headed to the Whale show which is always fun to see. Especially watching all of the people in the front get drenched. Next the kids area were there are rides, slides, a splash pads, carnival games, plus a crazy rope climbing thing. I lucked out last year not having to do the rope course due to being 7 months pregnant, but no luck this year. Let me tell you it was torture. You are on your knees for at least 15-20 min in cramped areas with little kids all over, bumping into you and going the wrong way. Not my idea of fun, but Alice loves it so we do it. Our last stop was my very favorite roller coaster, the manta. It is the scariest, most thrilling ride I have ever been on. The whole thing is down with you lying parallel to the ground. It's crazy and fun. Andy was nice and went on it with me, but when we were done he said that he thought that would be he last time. It was a little too scary. I love it. It was another fun filled day. Sea World is awesome. 
Day 3 we decided to just have a chill day to rest from all the fun. First off we went swimming and we swam for hours. Even Cora got into the swimming so much that she fell asleep, in her water tube, in the water. It was adorable. Alice just swam and swam and swam. I think we were out there for 3 hours. That is a lot for us usually one hour pool people, but they have the most amazing fun pools. One has a giant waterfall, one has a giant fountain, one is a super warm baby pool and then there is a splash pad. Fun. 

 We finally headed in for a really late lunch and a nap for Cora and then we headed back out to play at the park. Both the girls loved running/crawling around and just letting of steam. It was fun just hanging out as a family doing fun kid stuff enjoying the gorgeous weather. Andy surprised me by getting all us girls Harry Potter shirts. It was such a cool surprise. I don't even know when he snuck away to buy them.





1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Love. I lost track of my favorite photos...too many favorites to remember.