Tues was Magic Kingdom and we were all ready. The last two time we went to Disney it was dead, this year we went Veterans Day weekend and there were a lot more people but it was still better than going in the summer. The longest we waited for a ride was 50 min. The downside, since we actually had to wait in line we didn't get to go on every single ride. This day was also more fun for Cora. Thanks to the family friendliness of Disney Cora got to ride on pretty much everything. We started of with Stitches Great Escape. Alice hated it. It was dark, and Stitch spits on you. Not her idea of fun. We then road the people movie, one of my favorites, while we waited for our fast pass for the buzz light year ride. I seriously do love the people movie. It's just so calm and I love riding in and out of the building.
Buzz light year was so fun. This year Alice actually understood how to shoot the laser gun so she thought it was pretty cool. I think Cora enjoyed sucking on everything and making the ship spin around. It is such a fun ride. After buzz we were off to drive a car at the speedway. I got elected to ride with Alice. Let me tell you it was a bumpy ride. Alice kept letting go of the wheel which would cause us to bounce back and forth until I put the brakes on. Alice loved me, not so much. I think Andy enjoyed riding in his own smooth car behind us. I'm sure we looked like a bunch of rag dolls being tossed to and fro. After our fun car ride Andy and I rode space mountain. I forgot how ruff it was. Once again I was jerked around. I got off the ride and told Andy. Remind me that I don't like this ride and her said, "that is what you say every year." Next stop the big top. Dumbo, goofy's roller coaster the brain stormer, hot dogs, and dessert. Last year Alice thought the goofy roller coaster was the greatest roller coaster in the whole world, but I think the flight of the hippogriff made it her second favorite. She only wanted ride it once. I couldn't believe it. After fun in the big top we were off to ride the little mermaid. This was new to all of us since the new fantasy land wasn't opened last year. It was amazing. Both Cora and Alice love love loved it. It was so full of color and who doesn't love all those songs. I rode with Cora and her favorite part was when they tilt you back when you are going "under" the water. She loved the reflections on the ceiling. Alice loved everything. I loved everything. I wish we could have ridden this one again.
Now you can't go to Disney World without going on It's a Small World. Andy's dads favorite. Both the girls loved all the music and dolls. I still think the dolls are a little creepy, but I do love all the glitter.
Yes Cora has shorts on, they are just the same color as her shirt.
After it's a small world we were off to stand in line for 50 minutes to ride splash mountain. I had never ridden splash mountain. I thought it was just a one splash flume ride, but boy was I wrong. It was adorable going in and out of the different story parts with little splashes here and there and then the big drop at the end. I think another new favorite. Another new ride was big thunder mountain railroad. Alice loved it. Andy and I just thought it was ok, but we would ride it a hundred times to see the joy it brought to Alice's face. While we road both rides Mike and Rachel were awesome and took care of Cora. They did that a lot on this trip and Andy and I were so grateful since it gave us the opportunity to have fun with Alice knowing Cora was happy and well taken care of. Our last attraction was the Tiki Room. A group favorite. I think Cora liked it the most. She squawked and bounced right along with the birds. It was fun to watch.
With an hour until the light parade we headed back to main street to get a good spot for the parade. Cora took a little nap and Alice enjoyed just laying around. We all took turns wandering around main street getting little goodies before the parade began. Alice and Cora loved the light parade. Alice would scream out each princess and characters names as they rode by waving and pointing as they passed. Cora just had a look of awe on her face the whole time.
After the parade it was time for Celebrate the Magic and firework show. It was magical and never gets old.
By the time we were done we were tired and ready to go home. They opened up a second exit that took you behind main street so that was pretty cool to see since you never get to see behind the scenes.















1 comment:
So fun! I love that you included their favorite rides. You guys are so lucky. Someday maybe we can sneak in your suitcases.
Post a Comment