Saturday, January 11, 2014

Animal Kingdom

Friday was Animal Kingdom day. We ran all the way to the back to jump on the coolest ride there, the safari ride. It is just so cool to ride around in a giant jeep and see all the animals in their "own" habitats. Once again Alice thought it was amazing and Cora that it was pretty cool too. 

 Since we started our Disney trip 3 years ago we have always talked about doing a character breakfast, but they are always booked up. This year we got lucky and were able to book on at Animal Kingdom. First off you get to meet and take a photo with Donald Duck.

You are then seated and then you get to go and get your food which was wonderful and there was such a variety to choose from. While you are eating the Disney characters make there rounds and greet all the children. First we had Daisy. 
 Then goofy,
 and last mickey. Alice was in heaven. She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Club house. 
 Mickey even tried to get Cora's attention
 But Cora was more interested in her eggs. If you didn't know Cora loves her food. She loves all food. She has yet to snub Andy kind of food and she eats a ton. I'm not sure there is an off switch. She just goes until you stop giving her food. It's awesome to see a baby love food not be picky. I love it.
 After an awesome, fun, amazing breakfast we hopped on the train and headed to the petting zoo where Alice was able to pet goats, a cow, a donkey and some pigs.


 After the petting zoo we decided to try the river raft ride. This time it really was a giant round tube that you float down rapids. This time we all followed in Mikes foot steps and wore ponchos. Alice, Andy and I went first and let me tell you even with all that plastic Andy and I got soaked. Andy didn't hold his hood on and when a giant wave came up his hood fell and all the water just ran down his back. I got blasted with what felt like a fireman's hose. Rachel, Alice and Mike went second. While each group rode the ride Cora go to just hang out and enjoy having all the attention to herself.


 After getting soaked Andy and I road Expedition  Everest, (which is the longest roller coaster I have ever been on) got some food and ice cream and then we went to find a spot for the parade. After three years we finally figured out that if you go 30 min before the parade, you get a good spot and you don't have to fight to see. It is also just nice being able to just stop rest and do nothing. Cora really liked it since it gave her freedom to move all on her own.

 The parade is the most unique parade. Alice and Cora loved it. Alice stood up the whole time and waved at everyone. She was so happy.
Dinoland was the next stop. Alice and Cora got to ride the triceratop spin with Andy and I and they headed over to the barnyard (a play area with slides) while I went on the Primeval Whirl. They were smart. That thing just jerks you around and around. Not my favorite. We all met back up and Andy, Alice and I decided to go on one more ride. Dinosaur. You would have thought we had learned our lesson at Jurassic park, but no. Once again the ride was super dark and fast with scary dinosaurs that pop out and scream and spit on you. Will we ever learn. Poor Alice.

1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

These kids are too cute. I love reading about all the rides and things you did, too, especially since I've never been to this park.