This has been a crazy few weeks. Hollie, Ryan and Mckenzie moved here a couple of years ago and I truly believe it was an answer to my prays. Seriously, from the moment I met Hollie I knew she was my soul mate. It was like I had always known her. She cracks me up and she gets me. I haven't had a friend like her since high school. Not to mention that I love, love, love Mckenzie. (No, Ryan I didn't forget about you, thanks for always keeping me laughing. Your awesome) Well, I thought I was going to have them for a couple more years, but 2 weeks ago Hollie called to tell me she was moving to Colorado (thanks a lot megan and kellie). I was totally unprepared. Ryan moved a week ago and Hollie and Mckenzie left this morning. I knew I was going to be sad, I've been avoiding it the last two weeks. Well, today I had to face it. I hugged Hollie goodbye and then carried Mckenzie to the car and said goodbye. Let me tell you, it's been a hard day. Since Hollie and I became friends I have either seen her or talked to her on the phone almost everyday. She has become more of a sister than a friend to me. I"m not happy with the situation, but I'm happy for them. Hollie will now be living by her sister and sister in law and Mckenzie will be by her cousins. It's going to be a big party. Thanks for letting me share this with you, it helped a little and Kellie and Megan, you take care of my girls. Good Luck Traylor Family. I hope Colorado is ready for you. I love you.
Hollie, Mckenzie and I were able to spend a couple of days at my house before they moved. On the last day Hollie wanted to learn some of my baking tricks, so we made fondant, cupcakes and tons of cake. This is Hollie learning how to frost a cake.

Her final project. Awesome job. I am a proud teacher.

Ok, so don't you see why I am going to miss this kid. Isn't she cute. I am going to miss her. Hollie and Ryan were always kind enough to share Mckenzie with us. She is one awesome kid. PERSONALITY.

Ok, Ryan, all I have are butt shots, so this is what you get. I love Ryan. It is so nice to be friends with someone and their spouse. Ryan is a crack up. He always kept us laughing with his inappropriate conversations. Life will be a little more boring without you. You always made us feel at home. Good luck with your job.

5 comments:
Hollie is awesome and I am sorry you don't get to hang out with her anymore. I think I went into some sort of depression when she moved to Virginia from Nebraska because Nebraska was only seven hours away and I didn't think I would ever see her much for a long time. It was sad.
I am also sorry to say that I have prayed for this on and off for that last couple of years.
Come have some girls weekends with us and you know, there are lots of people in Colorado that need fancy cakes, if you ever get a crazy notion that CO is the place for you.
I do feel bad how hard this move has been on her and you. Thanks for being awesome!! We will take care of her for sure. Well, I will at least. Maybe Megan will sporadically. She gets busy and forgets, huh Megan? Just kidding. Hey Megan, p.s. I love you!!
Jyl, this reminds me a lot of how I felt when you moved...only in a kiddish kind of way. :)
Oh Jyl, I cried most of the 15 hour trip. This is the hardest good bye I have ever had. I think I'm a little better today. Really though, I don't know what I'm going to do with out you. So, you are required to visit me every time you come to Denver! Got it!
Well, when I get my computer up and running and my pictures downloaded I'll have a Jyl post. I have too many awesome pictures to pass that up. Does the word VEST ring a bell...hahaha, oh yeah.
Love you Jyl!
Kellie you are too funny. I think you and Jyl would get along.
Girls weekends sound wonderful, Lara, I actually was thinking of you as I wrote this post and hollie, I've been crying for weeks.
Post a Comment