Saturday, June 21, 2008

Just Married, Gift, Buzz & Bugs

This weeks cakes started with a wedding reception for the people that I did the orange rose wedding cake last week. I thought it would be fun to do a fun cake rather than a regular wedding cake, since this was a party. The cake was carrot cake (which was one of the cakes hollie and I made). I also made cupcakes to go with the the cake. They are strawberry. 



The second cake I did was for a little girl turning two. 
I made this cupcake to go with it. I think people call it a smash cake. You know, the cake the kid smears all over their face, up their nose and in their ears. 
The third cake I did was a cake for my friend Kim. Her son was turning 5 and he loves the show cyberchase. I know, I had never heard of it either. It's a cartoon on PBS and it's all about math. Another fact is that the scientist guy from back to the future and Tony hawk are a couple of the voices you will hear if you watch the show. So, the cake ended up being Buzz in a pile of numbers.
Close up of Buzz. He is a bad guy on the show. 
I also made cupcakes to go with it. If you have seen the show, they would make sense.  Ok, so it wont let me go in between the pictures, so I will have to tell you about the next pictures here. The last cake was a baby shower for my friend Susan. It is all about Bugs. 

I just loved the lady bugs and butterflies. The cake was a chocolate chip pound cake and I threw in a couple oreos I have to give a shout out to Hollie, because she helped bake all these cakes. Thanks Hollie. 

6 comments:

Toni said...

You are amazing. I love all of your designs and the different cake flavors. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Anjuli White said...

You are so talented Jyl. Cooper took a look at your blog a while ago and said that you are better than Ace of Cakes on the Food Network! Can you mail them?

Ioana said...

You really are phenomenal!!!WOW!

Heather S. said...

I don't know you, but I am friends with the Charters and they have your page linked... can i just say your cakes are AMAZING! You are so talented! IF I had a purpose for a cake I would totally order one and have you ship it to me all the way to GA! They are so creative and cute and fun and so detailed! What a gift you have been given! I hope you are blessed with much success with your abilities!

Mull Family said...

So cute, as always. I love the little bugs. You always do such amazing detail work. I'm sorry to hear about your friend Hollie leaving you. That's no fun, but it's a good excuse to have another place to visit and vacation to. Don't forget your family/friends out in Utah either!

Hollie said...

Jyl, they turned out so cute!!!!! I love Kelly's cake! Susan's was awesome too! You didn't mention that I was actually making Susan's cake all by my self...until I forgot the oil! So, you did that one with out me. I'm sure Andy enjoyed it though:) I miss you guys!!!!! Love ya!