Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shower, 10 Kids and Roses

Once again all I have to talk about is cakes. I was going to do a post on my first Enrichment activity I put on (if you didn't know I am now the 2nd counselor in the relief society, I know, what were they thinking), but my camera, mysteriously deleted all the pictures. Ok, so here is what pretty much all of my time goes to. 

This was a Bridal shower cake. I found out about the day before they wanted it. Let's just say that I have never worked so fast in my life. 
Close up of the flower. 
This next cake was for a women in our ward that was celebrating all 10 of her grand kids birthdays and unbirthdays. She wanted each one represented and the only way I could think of doing it was to give each kid their very own cupcake with their likes represented on top. 

This was Andy's favorite. For some reason he thinks he is a pirate even though we are landlocked. 
This was my favorite. This might be the cutest bunny I have ever done. 
Two of them like basketball.
One liked candy. What a true kid. 
Oh, golf. I feel like a golf widow this week. Andy has worked during the day and played golf with my dad and uncle all week. I don't know how my mom did it or does it, but it's ok, Andy only does this when my uncle comes down. Plus Andy is freaken awesome at golf, so he should play. Let's just say he has taken the favorite child slot from me when it comes to my dad. 
Car. 
This one loves to sing. This is all I could come up with. 
Two of them love to dance. I loved these ballet slippers. 
Last not least (I have another cake to do tomorrow) was my neighbor kelly's wedding cake. I am supper proud of this cake. I never make realistic flowers, because I don't feel like I'm very good at them, but these actually turned out. I based the cake on their wedding announcement. 
Here is a close up of one of the roses. 
This is the top of the cake. Isn't it gorgeous. Now I can't wait to make more. 
So, I'll check you late with more cakes coming soon. I think I have 4 next week. Wish me luck. 

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow Jyl,

I bet Peggy just LOVED what you did! So flippen cute! Also, you really put that wedding cake together fast. I just saw it half done a few hours ago! Way to go!

Oh, and my cankle is doing much better:)

Toni said...

I love the roses. You are such a pro. I also love the little themes on the cupcakes. Is there anything you can't create?

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Buggy, holy moly those roses are awesome!!!! Someday I'll have you make me a cake. Miss you tons, but I'm so excited to see you...only 38 days! Woo hoo!

Lara said...

Jyl!! Holy Cow! You are so amazing! Its great to be able to see your beautiful creations - keep em' coming!!