Saturday, May 31, 2008

Piplup, beach babies and shoes.

Another busy week of cakes and another week poor andy doesn't get fed. Good thing for cereal. My first cake was a pokemon character cake. I didn't even know that pokemon was still cool. I hope that means that pogs are still cool. Ok, so the character was Piplup. This is what he looks like and......
This is how he came out. I thought he was very cute. I put the pokemon ball thing as the background (no I don't know what it is for, I just know it is on everything pokemon).
My second cake was a baby shower cake. Oh, how I love to make baby shower cakes. The sky is always the limits with these. You can do any theme and any colors. I love it. This week a cute girl, that used to be in my ward when she was young, wanted a beach baby shower cake. This is what I came up with and yes, everything is edible. 
Close up on the sleeping baby. It is supposed to be a boy, but my baby's always look like girls. What can I say. 
She wanted matching cupcakes to go with the cake so here they are. 
Last but not least was a graduation cake. The two girls graduating didn't want it to look like a graduation cake, just a cute cake. It is a sundress theme and one of the girls loves shoes. Her mom said the blingier the better. And no I'm not kidding. Oh, and they also wanted there school colors of the colleges they were going to, blue, white and yellow. 
Here is the close up on the shoe. It was a pain in the butt, but I love the way it turned out. It's always the frustrating things that turn out the best. Go figure. Here mom had given me one of her daughters shoes. It totally reminded me of a cross between and disco ball and a shoe a pole dancer would were. I decided to take the elements of the shoe and just class it up a little. 
When I was choosing the pattern for the cake I thought of the fabric on a cute sun dress. Also check out those pearls.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow, Jyl! Seriously, I am in awe that you are my sister. I am at lost for words with how awesome your cakes are. These ones are great as always. The baby cake is so cute & I love all of the seashells. The graduation cake turned out awesome as well & love all of the different details you did for it. The pokemon cake is cute & I am sure that the kid you made it for was going crazy when he/she saw it. Miss ya. I added four new posts to my blog.

Toni said...

I can't believe the detail on the shoe. You are such a pro. Great cakes!

Ioana said...

You really are a genius!!!! Have you thought of competing into one of those cake shows on Food Network? You could easily win, seriously! Your cakes are just incredible!

Hollie said...

Wow, those look awesome! That shoe is such a crack up! I need to come over next time you make a cake and watch.....or help:)

The Leavitt Family said...

I am still amazed at your talent. You can't mail one to Vegas can you?!?

Mull Family said...

Love the shoe! Very cute cakes, as always.