Corn Pudding: (this recipe is from Rachel, my mother-in-law) You can see that we loved this. We ate almost everything. Now this isn't the healthiest recipe, but it is wonderful to have every once in a while and it is sooooo good (this ones for you hollie).
1 box Jiffy Corn muffin mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup mayo (I'm going to try doing 1/2 mayo 1/2 FF plain yogurt. I'll tell you how it turns out)
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup butter (it's up to you), melted
1 regular can cream corn
1 (14 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
Mix everything together. Bake 350 degrees for 45 min. in a greased pan.
Take out of oven and sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese. Put back in oven 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Mexican Style Beef: This turned out really well and it was so easy, so I thought I would share it. 1 (4 pound) cut of beef roast (any kind)
1 large onion, chopped
2 big cans of diced green chile peppers of 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 (5 oz) bottle of hot pepper sauce or taco sauce
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp of salt (omit if you use a beef bouillon cube)
1 tsp pepper
Place everything in a crockpot. Add enough water to cover 1/3 of the roast. Add a beef bouillon cube or use beef stock instead of water.
Cook on high for 5 hours, shred meat, then cook another 2 hours.
Put everything into a large skillet and cook until most of the liquid is gone.


2 comments:
Oh, I see them now. I guess I needed to look harder. That was the BEST beef ever!!!!!! I'm going to have to try it:) Thanks!!!!!
I also ate the rest of that corn pudding for lunch today:) It's a good thing I ran like 5 miles tonight....yes, I went back:)
Post a Comment