A couple months ago I told my mom I was bored. I seemed to have a lot of time on my hands. Work was a little slow since it was winter and my awesome church calling only required me to teach once a month. Well, that is over. Work has picked up a ton, I now do about 3 cakes from home a week and I have a new calling as the second counselor in the relief society. And if you wondering how I feel about it, when I was extended the call the first thing I said was, "Are you sure, don't you think I'm a little young." So now I wish I was bored. I guess when life slows down again I will be grateful for the boredom.
OK, on to the cakes. I did three more cakes this week. Sometimes when someone asked me to do a cake that I know I'm not going to enjoy, I try to talk them into something else. Well, with this first cake I only got the lady to budge a little. She wanted me to use teddy grahams and pretzels and use her stadium cake pan. Well, I talked her out of everything, but the cake pan. Now, her son is in college, but I guess when he proposed he took the girl to his old high school wearing his old football jersey and popped the question on the field (no I'm not joking) So here is the cake she wanted me to do (yes, that is the actual picture of him proposing it's also on the inside the football stadium on the field).

Moving on. Now, the next two cakes I am really happy with. I love the way they turned out. The next cake was for a women turning 65 and her daughter said she loved to garden. This is what I came up with.

See the cute little dragon fly. Oh, I love him.

Kind of like the one I did for the baby footprint cake.

Had to get a close up on the little butterfly.

Yes, I was able to bring lightning Mcqueen to life. Isn't he adorable. It was for a little boy turning 3.

Here is the over view shot. I seriously had so much fun making this cake. In fact, I watched the movie, while I made this cake, well, at least for part of it. It took a lot longer than the movie. Oh, and yes, everything is edible.


7 comments:
Bug, you are a good sport. It is obvious that when people let you help them decide what they want, things turn out better. You did the best you could with what you had to work with, and your last to cakes are ADORABLE! You are amazing!
Love you! Weinersnitzel
P.S. I missed you today. :(
oops....I meant "two", not "to". Oh, and you should call Kurtis for his comment.....it was too long and funny to post. It will be much better over the phone.
I love your cakes. You always do such an awesome job.
I absolutely love the lightening mcqueen cake. Can you make one for my nephew and ship it to Utah?
I bought him a Lightening Mcqueen card, but the cake is 1000x's better! :)
You are incredible!!!
You are one busy and talented girl. As usual, very cool cakes! And way to go on talking that lady out of teddy grahams and pretsels on the cake!
Funny story to go along with the football cake. I do think the cake turned out great though. I loved the purple flower cake & ooh, the cars cake was so adorable! I can't wait to show it to Adalyn. You are busy bug. I hope you aren't feeling too overwhelmed. Your ward is lucky to have you in it! I already know everyone loves you there
Post a Comment