Saturday, May 24, 2008

Monkeys and Graduation

This week I was able to make some really fun cakes. These first two cakes were for a girl turning 12. She was having a party at an Inn at a lake around here. They first were going to have a party at the lake and then have a party at dinner at the Inn. The women hosting this party wanted a cake for each place. Here niece love, love, loves monkeys so here is what I came up with.   
A monkey in a pile of bananas, I love his facial expression. He is thinking uh-oh. 
Another view of the pile of bananas. Andy told me that this is his favorite cake out of all the cakes I have made. I'm kind of surprised, but then again we go through about 3 bunches of bananas a week. 
This was for the lake party. The monkey is lounging on a big beach ball. 
Cute flying fish and seashells. 
Look at his board shorts. I just loved them. 
This next cake was for a girl graduating from High School. Here colors are gold and blue. This first picture is of the graduation cap and tassel. 
Here is the full cake, it feeds a hundred people and probably ways 40 lbs. When the women and her mother showed up they were very petite people and I thought, how are they going to carry this cake. Grandma wanted to keep it on her lap for the ride home; I'm sure she had no feelings in her legs by the time she got there. 

g

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow, those look great. You sure made those bananas come to life. Nice work.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Bug...your cakes are awesome! You never cease to amaze me. I cannot believe how good you are getting. I love all 3. The cap is awesome, the jumping fish and detail of the monkey and shells is incredible,and I love, love the bananas...they look so real. And I totally agree, the facial expression on the monkey in the bananas makes the cake. He is so cute. Sometimes I wish we could preserve the little people and animals you make for cakes. They would make such cute toys. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Beanie

Toni said...

I love the banana cake. The bananas looks so real.

Mull Family said...

Those monkey/banana cakes are incredible! I love, love, LOVE them! I wish so badly that you were going to be out here around July 18th so that you could make Davis' first birthday cake! You really are amazing!

Jyl & Andy said...

I wish I could be out there too. Oh how I long for a vacation.