Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Yesterday was mothers day and to honor all the mothers in my life we had a big potluck dinner at my house (or our house, whatever). It was a mexican fiesta. This is Andy's grandma and mom, just two of the wonderful moms being celebrated (there was also my mom and Hollie and someday Kimmie, yes kimmie, that is what I said)
This is just some of the food we had. There is another table around the corner full of food. For some reason we always think we are feeding 30 when we really only feed 15, but it's ok. Now I don't have to cook dinner tonight. 
This is the best shot of andy. Andy why wont you let me take a good picture of you? You have to admit, he is ruggedly handsome even stuffing his face. 
Ok, so the next three pictures are of my mom and dad and rachel. They have all been on this diet and have lost anywhere from 20-25 lbs. They are looking awesome. Here is my dad, He is looking super good. Way to go dad. 
Her is mom. For some reason she gets really embarrassed if you tell her she is looking like a fox. Go figure. 
This is Rachel, and I don't know why she posed like this, I  think it is halarious. She is the one that got my parents on their diet. I think she has lost about 25 or more pounds. If you can see she is wearing new pants in a new size. 
So, hollies husband doesn't like his picture taken and he doesn't like his name mentioned on blogs so this is all I got. 
Yes, I made it into a picture. 
I just thought this was so cute. This is what Rachel brought. Aren't they beautiful. She made one for all the girls. 

Even Mckenzie got one. She was so excited. 

 Now, I know you are wondering were my father in law was, well, he kept running from the camera. All I can say is Mike, watch out for fathers day. 
To all thy mothers, aunts and grandmothers in my life, I just want to say I love you, thank you for all you have done for me and for always being there for me. Happy Mothers Day. 
(lindsey and shauna I miss you)

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Jyl, you are so sweet and amazing and such a good friend....really:) Thanks for putting up with us and involving us in your family get togethers. You know how to make everyone around you feel special! Yesterday was so fun and the food was amazing! I'm waiting for the recipes to be posted:) I had leftovers for lunch and dinner today....and they taste just as good.

By the way...were are those cute pictures I took of you and Mckenzie? They were so cute!!!!

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Bug, I wish I could have been there, but it was fun to see the pictures of everyone. I cannot believe how good mom and dad look. Good for you for getting a picture of them. Dad's face is so thin...he's such a handsome guy. Mom looks great too...her pants are super baggy in the back. (I hope I don't embarrass her by saying that.) Love you tons! Miss you like crazy! :)
~Beanie