Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars (these are so good, I couldn't just pick one picture, recipe to follow pictures) So, my friend Cherie's sister Crystal posted this recipe on her blog and I thought it sounded wonderful, so I made it for my enrichment planning meeting. Five women and four kids devoured these in about one hour. They are so wonderful. They are chocolaty and gooey. Now you can't go wrong with that. YOU HAVE TO GIVE THESE A TRY.

Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Mix on medium for 3 minutes until fluffy.
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
Add to sugar and butter. Mix about one minute.
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
Mix dry ingredients together. Mix into main mix just until Incorporated.
Grease a 9 by 13 inch pan (or you can use smaller, it just makes a thicker bar)
Place 3/4 of dough into pan. Spread out. Sprinkle with as much chocolate chips as you want.
Take the remaining dough and add 1/4 a cup of flour. Mix until crumbly. Put crumbles over chocolate chips.
Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until edges are golden brown)
Meanwhile melt one whole bag of caramels (the square kind, yes you have to unwrap them but it is so worth it) with 1 Tbsp of milk. Pour over bars.
Eat up, your going to love these.

6 comments:
Yeah, these were awesome! I'm glad you posted the recipe:)
thanks for the recipe. Stan saw the picture of the caramel and now his mouth is watering.
Nicole said, "Okay, we are GOING to do that!!" LOL Caramel is my favorite!
MMMMM, I will have to try these...I love caramel!!!!
That's so funny! Hahaha... we got you addicted too! just watch out, they can be a curse... sometimes when I make them, I eat almost half the pan by myself!
Nice to know I'm not the only one! And I feel really special that YOU (chef extrodinare) liked a recipe from me!
Post a Comment