Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Princess, Pink, Shower, Dogs, DC

This week has been wonderful, or is the beginning of a wonderful week. I love doing cake, I really do, but sometimes even when you love something you need a little break. This is the first week in 3 months that I do not have a cake to do. So what do I do with my freedom. I cleaned my car for 5 hours today. No i'm not kidding. If you know me, you know my car is the one thing I don't care to clean. My house has to stay clean and everything else, but not my car. It is now squeaky clean. To most of you this sounds boring, but to my parents I  am the greatest kid in the whole world right now. Clean cars are an obsession for them. We will be rounding this week off with a trip to the Beach with the in laws. Oh, how I love the ocean. 
 I haven't posted my cakes from last week so hear I go. This cake was for a bridal shower. 

I fashioned it after the invitation.
I had to put a close up of the invitation so you can see it better. Just had to. 
Close up of the bow and design. I love the way this cake turned out. Yes Cuz, I said I love it. 
My second cake was a birthday cake for a little girl. She was turning 6 and she wanted a princess theme. Her mom wanted the flowers. 
Close up of the crown. Don't you just love the flowers. 
My last cake was for Shauna's brother-in-laws wedding reception up in DC. We are so happy that Brian found Whitney. Congratulations Brian. I was so worried about transporting this cake 4 hours in the car to DC. I think I checked on them every 10 minutes, but the cake made it. Yeah. This is the best picture I have. For some reason non of my shots turned out. Megan, help and Brian if you read this and you got a better shot please email it to me. 
Ok, these next two pictures I just had to throw in. They do not make sense, but they are so cute. This is alley and this is how she likes to lay. Yes, on all the pillows. I think she thinks she is a princess. Sometimes we like to test her and put 3 pillows on one side and two on the other to see what she will choose. She always chooses the most amount of pillows to lay on. We have even witnessed her dragging pillows to the other side of the couch to make her bed more comfortable. 

This one is in her just to show you how handsome tucker is. I know, us dog people are weird. Hey, these are my kids. 
So DC was wonderful. Andy tied for first in a golf tournament (if you didn't know he is an awesome golfer and I'm not just saying that because he is my husband), I got to shop, and we both were able to hang out with the DC Passic fam (my dad's brothers family). My cousin Laura is awesome. I really wish we lived closer so we could hang out every day. She is that fun to be around. This picture is the only one I have to remind me of the weekend. It's totally random, but we stayed in my favorite hotel in DC and I wanted a picture of the room and my totally hot husband laying on the bed. 

5 comments:

Toni said...

I love the cakes. All of the little stencil work (don't know what else to call it) is awesome. You always do so great cakes.

Keri said...

Hey Jyl! It is good to be in touch again!! You are an amazingly creative cake decorator:) And I can't believe how close we live to each other finally. Next time we are in D.C. we will have to meet up with each other. Drop me a line with your contact info sometime.

Hollie said...

Wow, he tied for first!!! Did he win anything? Those cakes are awesome as usual! I'll call you tomorrow when I'm driving to Parker. I have my first client!! Later gator!

Miss you,
Hollie

Hollie said...

P.S. I miss your kids:( Tucker would LOVE this lake!

Stan and Mel said...

I absolutely love the bridal shower cake. Good job!