This week started out with a wrestling cake. Or wrastling as people say it our here. No I'm not joking. The little kid wanted a Ray Mysterio cake. Now, I do not watch wrestling and I don't get it. Why watch something that isn't real. Andy likes to call it the male version of a soap opera. I guess if girls have to have soap opera's then boys should too. This is what I came up with. Me as a girl I wasn't to impressed, but Andy kept coming in and saying, "wow that's cool." I guess it gets the boy stamp of approval.

Here is a side shot.

This is my favorite angle. I don't know why, but I think it is cool.
My next cake is a birthday cake for a women I make cakes for all the time. I like to call it my zen cake and I really enjoyed making it. I hand painted the bamboo and the bamboo on the edges is gumpaste and the rocks are gumpaste. It says Happy Birthday in Chinese. Well, at least that is what free translators told me. It is a strawberry cake with chocolate mousse frosting. Yummy. 

Oh, Hannah Montana. Now I know everyone that has seen an episode of HM loves it. I love it, but I have to watch it when Andy isn't around. He is not the biggest fan. Me, Big fun. It is so cute. Well, this week I was able to make a HM cake. I spent over an hour trying to get the backing off the photo transfer. Usually if you put it in the freezer for 30 minutes it just slides apart. Not this one. It was horrible. Finally I just cut the parts that I tore off and stuck in on the cake. Sorry kids, no eating Hannah today.
Ok, I'm kind of embarrassed by this one, but I am always in need of humbling and this is it. It just didn't turn out how I wanted it, but I ran out of time. In fact it was done in 30 minutes. That is a record for me. My day was crazy yesterday. I went to work, went to my relief society presidency meeting, went back to work, went and got my hair cut, went back to work, then came home and make the zen cake. Long DAY. Now you can understand the cake.
Last but not least is my little angel alley. She just looked so cute this morning I couldn't resist taking a picture of her. Speaking of dogs. Did anyone watch the show the greatest American dog. Can you say crazy. I thought I was crazy. No way. I'm totally normal when it comes to my obsession with dogs.

5 comments:
I love the Zen cake, especially the bamboo.
Jyl, I love seeing all of your cakes! you are very talented!! I tried to do a princess castle cake last year for Jenna and decided to leave it up to you professionals from now on :)
Those cakes are amazing Jyl. I am just sad that I didn't get one of those on my birthday? I was hoping for a life sized cake that looked like Hollie's head. That would have been awesome! So what are you having for dinner on Monday night? If its really good I might just come back for it!
Bug,
Even the cakes you don't like still turn out amazing. I can't believe you did that baby one in 30 minutes. I couldn't have spread frosting across a cake that size in 30 minutes. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to see you. 4 days of school and 6 days until Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!
Your cakes are awesome! I could not do a cake in 30 minutes AND have it look that good ever!
By the way, we tried the FHE activity this past Monday and we had a blast! Thanks for the idea.:)
Post a Comment