My sister in law Kimmie just finished her third year of medical school here at VCOM. Her last rotation for the year was a baby rotation. Unfortunately for her the whole month she followed the doctor she never saw a birth. How crazy is that. Despite that, she seamed to really enjoy this rotation. She would probably argue that, but she was always happy. Kimmie thought it would be fun to make them a cake and give it to them the last day. Rachel, Kimmie and I made the cake together. Kimmie and Rachel baked the cakes, I frosted and covered them and Rachel and Kimmie decorated it. Here is Rachel working hard.

Kimmie directing her masterpiece. The colors of the doctors logo where teal and purple, hence the colors of the cake.

I made a baby to go on top, since the cake was for a baby doctor. Kimmie's idea. I thought it was great. And no I don't think I could get any cheesier.


Kimmie's masterpiece. It was a ton of fun making this cake and I couldn't believe how fast you can do a cake with three people helping. I now know how cake stores do it.

3 comments:
Jyl- you are amazing! I love seeing the pictures of your cakes. Next year for my kids b-days I am going to have to fly you to San Francisco. I have never seen anything as fabulous as your cakes around here.
The cake turned out great. Maybe you should add these in-laws to your staff (:
Jyl, i think you and kimmie have a family resemblance. :) amazing cake, like always! love, elaine
Post a Comment