Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Chapter (very very long)

One of the days we were in seattle we started out with a walk around some golf course. Andy and my dad were really excited about walking around the coarse and seeing the different holes, I enjoyed seeing the Sound and the houses that were around the water. 
After our walk we met Shauna, my mom and the kids at the Glass Museum. Once again I love, love, loved it. They had some new exhibits and of course we did the art class. This time around we made paper puppets. We cut different body parts, like head, body, legs, feet, from different magazines and then put them together with brads so it could move. I love this picture of cozy. She finished first and was ready to move on. 
On the other hand, Adalyn loves to take her time. Everything she does is done to perfection. I think everything she cut out for her puppet came from a bride magazine. It was a definite princess puppet. 
While we were inside, one of the exhibits had a blue cinder block made out of glass. There was a sign in front of it that said do not touch. Andy looked at me and said, who would want to touch that. Just for those that don't know, Andy is a mason. That makes the story make more sense. 
After the museum my dad, Andy and I decided to take a drive around down town Tacoma just to see what it was like. We had been driving around for a while when Andy quickly pulled into a parking lot. At first I was confused and then I saw the sign. Hello Cupcake. Oh, how I love cupcake stores and this one just happens to be one that I look at on the internet from time to time for ideas. I was happy that the cupcakes were just as wonderful as they look. You can't go wrong with a cupcake. 
The next day we all decided to head down to Mt. Saint Helens. This was something my dad really wanted to do and I'm glad we all went. It was amazing to see. Our first stop was lunch. They had this great restaurant that was at the base of the disaster. It was so cool to eat lunch and see the view. 
The restaurant had wonderful food and it was a great place to take the kids. The had coloring like most places do, but they also had toys and swings for the kids to play with. 
This is the view from where we were eating. The part that looks like water isn't water. It's actually were the mud slides cleared the land and it's just layer and layers of ash. 
By the time we actually got to the top to view Mt. Saint Helens at her finest, a storm started to roll in. It started to rain which made the viewing short, but it was still awesome. Even after almost 30 years there is still nothing. No trees, just some small shrubs and grass. 
On the way home Andy really wanted to stop at the big foot store we had passed on the way up. Andy loves to watch things about big foot and I always joke that big foot is his cousin. Inside the store they had big foot foot prints, hair samples, pictures and testimonials. I think that was andy's favorite part of the day. 
The next day andy and I decided to take a day all to ourselves. Andy really wanted to go to a skateboard park up in Port Angeles. Yes, the Port Angeles in the the twilight book. That wasn't planned, it just happened to be were the skateboard park was, but I just thought that was a bonus. Well, once we were there we couldn't find the skateboard park so we decided to just walk around. While we were there we were able to wave to Canada and see the Olympic Mountain. 
On the way back we thought it would be fun to take a ferry over to Seattle from Bainbridge Island. It was awesome. It was one of those that you drive your car on. I couldn't believe how efficient the ferry thing is. They had us all on, loaded and off in 10 minutes. It was amazing. 

The next day was a day of shopping. Now that we are getting closer to having this baby, I thought it would be fun to check out some of the stores that I look at online while we were in Seattle. I had to go to Land of Nod. It is the kids store for Crate and Barrel. There are only four stores and one just happened to be in Seattle. We had a blast in the store. I think adalyn and cozy had more fun then we did. They played for an hour. 
The shopping center all the stores were in was awesome. The best outdoor mall I have ever been to. It was even kid friendly. They had a couple of water features that kids could play in and even a park. They also had the best yogurt ever. The place was called Red Mango. Their gimmick was they served fresh cut fruit on top of the yogurt. I got pomegranate yogurt with fresh raspberries. Andy got vanilla yogurt with mango and pineapple. Yummy. 
We were lucky to have been in Seattle for Ben's 31st birthday. That night we hiked, or walked (it's only like a two minute walk) to a waterfall by there house and then we went home for dinner. We cooked up some salmon and tuna that ben had caught and I made a cookie dough cheesecake. It was a wonderful night. 
Our last day in Seattle we went to another Man vs. Food place, Beth's Cafe. It is the home of the twelve egg omelet. Andy had talked about eating the twelve egg omelet for about 2 months before we went out to Seattle, so of course we had to do it. That morning Andy woke up and said, well, maybe I'll just get the six egg omelet. I told him, I don't think so. After all that talk he had to at least try. Well, they brought that omelet out and I thought Andy was going to barf. Not only is it twelve eggs, there is also two pieces of toast and hash browns the size of the omelet.  
I swear after his first bite he was full. In the finished picture it looks like Andy ate a ton, but he didn't. My dad actually took about four eggs of it. By the end of breakfast I had eaten three large pancakes, my dad ate a three egg omelet, plus part of andy's, Ben at a six egg omelet, plus most of his hash browns and toast and Andy ate about three eggs of his twelve egg omelet. 
This is Andy doing his walk of shame. That day the twelve egg omelet won. Poor Andy. He will never hear the end of this. 
That afternoon we went to the event of all events. Yes, we had the privilege of going to Adalyn's dance recital. She was amazing. She danced her little heart out. We were all so proud. Isn't her costume so cute. It reminded me of Shirley Temple. 
All in all it was an awesome trip. I am ready to go back. Thanks Shauna and Ben for having us. We love you and miss you. 

3 comments:

Toni said...

I can't believe Andy even tried to eat the 12-egg omelet. Love all of the pictures.

Ioana said...

12 egg omelet??? That's insane! I would've gagged too.:)
I'm glad you had such a great trip!

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

So I'm a little bummed at all the stuff I missed out on, but oh well. I still had a great time. My two favorite pictures are the ones with you and Addie Shae in front of the mountain and Cosette after she'd had it. Love them both. Thank goodness you documented the whole trip. You should send me a CD with all the pictures on it. :) Can't wait til tomorrow!!! Woohoo! I have to pick up a birthday present anyway, so I'll be at baby stores. :) Love you! ~Wein