Thursday, June 25, 2009

Seattle Part 1

I just want to start by saying we have made it half way. Half way to what you are asking. Half way to having a baby. Yep. We are 20 weeks pregnant. Baby Robinson is due Nov. 13th. Can you believe it. We are very excited. We find out next week what the gender is. Now, I start out with this so you know when you see pictures of me I haven't gained a ton of weight, I'm just pregnant. When I saw this pirate while we were in Seattle,  really identified with him. That is exactly how I feel. Not the patch and the peg leg, but the belly. 
Andy and I always have the craziest luck when we rent cars. Whatever we pick out on line is never what we get. Our first experience with renting a car we got the little orange pumpkin. We were out in Utah, snowboarding, and the car was just big enough to to hold the snowboards. I mean we had to fold the seats down in the back and the board reached from the trunk to the dashboard. This time we thought we would upgrade a little. We chose to get a mid-size car. When Andy went up to the counter the lady said, "we have you down for a mid-size car, your car today will be a Volkswagen bug." No I"m not joking. Who would guess a mid-size car would only seat 4 people. 
It was so wonderful seeing Shauna, Ben and the girls. Boy did I miss them. The first day we were there we took the girls to the park. On the way to the park Adalyn was able to show us her new bike. 
We were lucky enough to have the whole family in Seattle at one time or another. The first couple day we were there Lindsey was there and my parents came the day after us. The only one  that wasn't able to come was Kurtis. I guess he had to work. 
Sweet Adalyn swinging. She seriously has turned into the sweetest girl. So loving and such a princess. I loved watching her swing like this. It reminded me of Lindsey when she was terrible two. This was the only way she would swing by herself and she was so proud of it. 
Andy thought he was a monkey. 
Cozy has turned into quite the dare devil. I felt like we were all running around trying to make sure she wouldn't fall as she climbed on everything. My kind of girl. 
The next day we decided to kidnap Lindsey so we could have a day with her all to ourselves. Our first was a spice shop. I have always wanted to go to a spice shop. It was awesome. Walls and walls of jars filled with wonderful spices and blends. After thirty minutes of smelling we each picked out some spices and then we were off to Pikes Place. 
We loved Pikes place. There was wonderful food, tons of people, and of course flying fish. 
The most stunning part of Pikes Place are the fresh cut flowers. They were gorgeous and crazy cheap. 
Next was food. We were starving. A few months ago we were watching Man vs Food in Seattle. One of the places he went was the crab pot. When we watched him eat, we knew that was one of the places we wanted to go. We got lucky. It was right across the street from Pikes Place. 
The Crab Pot was awesome. They cover your table with paper then dump your food out on it. They only things they give you to eat with are a wooden mallet and a tiny fork. I think Lindsey's face in the picture says it all. I haven't seen her that happy in a long time. 
Now you see all that food. It was a ton. You got clams, shrimp, crab legs, potatoes an corn on the cob. I love this next picture. These women kept looking at us when we got our food. A few minutes later they got there food, but they got the upgrade with tons for crab. Those women didn't stop breathing until it was all gone. I just love when you get pictures like this. They crack me up. 
The next and last stop was the Seattle aquarium. You know how I love aquariums. It was wonderful. They had tons of touch tanks and a whole exhibit full of sea things that were native to Washington. Andy says this picture is going to be our Christmas card this year. 
After all of those fun things we were all exhausted and it was time to head home. What a fun way to start out our trip. 

7 comments:

Keri said...

Congrats Jyl!! SO excited for you! And super jealous that you were in Seattle.

Mull Family said...

Congrats again! I am soooooooooooo happy for you! I want a phone call when you find out what you're having. Looks like you guys had fun in Washington. I miss your family.

Kaymee said...

Congratulations Jyl!!! I can't wait to find out what you're having!!

Toni said...

I had my suspicions. That's great news! Looks like another fun trip to Seattle.

Lara said...

Congratulations, Jyl! I am so excited for you and Andy - you will be awesome parents! It looks like you had a lot of fun, can't wait to see how the rest of your trip panned out!

Ioana said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! You look so cute pregnant!! I'm excited to hear what you're having!

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

I can't believe that you told! I was fully expecting you to just let people keep guessing until you brought a baby home. Oh, I can't wait!!! I can't stop smiling when I think about Young Shivis. :) (That was for Andy.) Love you and Andy tons. I'm so glad we got to spend time together in Seattle. I'm already trying to figure out when I can see you next. Thanks for being amazing!!!