I love when September rolls around. I know it isn't quit fall, but the cooler weather and the fact that it's not August makes me think it is. My favorite part of fall is cooking with pumpkin. I love pumpkin bread, pie, cookies, fudge, pancakes, etc. To me there is nothing better than the smell of pumpkin and spices. I made Pam's pumpkin bread today and decided that everyone should try it. The recipe comes from a lady that used to be in my ward here. This is kind of her specialty. It is my weakness. I can't say no to it and I can't have just one piece. It's that good.
Pam's Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg (each)
1 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin cooked and mashed
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the eggs and oil don't mix. Then add the pumpkin and nuts. Mix everything together. Grease a loaf pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Hints:
1. one small can of pumpkin makes a double recipe, one large can of pumpkin makes a triple recipe.
2. This bread is wonderful alone, but also wonderful warm with a little bit of cream cheese.


No comments:
Post a Comment