I can't believe my little one is almost two. It blows my mind. She has grown up so much in the last couple months. The thing that blows my mind the most is how well we can now communicate. She can tell me what she wants for breakfast, her favorites being yogurt, cereal, waffles and pancakes. She can tell me when she is tired. She points upstairs and says night night. I love this one. Alice loves to ask for cake and cookies. I think there is some kind of pattern here. I think my kid likes sugar. Andy gave her some of his cinnamon roll the other day and now all she wants is cake. The other day she woke up and the first thing she asked for was cake. I had to explain to her that cake was something we have after a meal, not for a meal. We had a great breakfast of eggs and banana and right when she finished she looked at me and said, "cake." Don't worry. I don't let her eat sugar all day, but that doesn't stop her from trying. Some of my favorite things alice says are: "No way," "Oh my," "coo coo" (that means cookie), "Zebra" butt instead of bus, "what's you doin,"ok," "why you do dat," "frock" instead of frog, "where it go," "poppy" (it is what she calls my dad), "Alley girl". I love how she can answer my questions and we have a little more understanding. It is so much fun watching alice grow it. Every day is an adventure.
Like most mothers, I couldn't wait to pull Alice's hair up into a ponytail, pigtail, or any kind of tail. Well, she would never let me do it, until recently now. Now she doesn't care. Sometimes she even brings me things to put in her hair. I would like to say that every day her hair looks amazing, but I have to admit. I am lazy. It only happens once or twice a week. I should be better.

Alice discovered corn this summer and she loves it. The thing is, she will only eat it on the cob. If it is cut off she wont even look at it.
Ok, I love this picture. My dad took this the other day. He asked alice to smile for the camera so she did while saying, "cheese." Cracks me up. This kid is such a ham.
With Alice coming closer to two, she is also getting closer to the terrible twos. Actually I think they have already started. We have a lot of power struggles and testing to see where mommy and daddy's weaknesses are. The volume level in our home has definitely increased.
We have even had to start doing time outs. I don't think she understands what they are, but they are a great way to calm her down so we can fix the situation.
I have to admit that even though the terrible two have made things harder, they have also brought a ton of fun. There is so much more we can do now and alice's understanding has really increased. She is just such a fun cute kid. Alice has some fun new things that she loves. She has really gotten into clothes this summer and her two favorite shirts are her turtle shirt from grandma rachel and
her bee shirt that Andy gave her. If you ask her what a bee says she will say "BEEEE." It cracks me up.
Alice loves hats. She loves to say hat, wear a hat and turn things into a hat. 

Alice loves to play outside. There is deep depression when we don't get to go outside. Alice loves to swing,


slide down the slide,


run around the yard, draw with chalk and chase Alley.
We do get our bumps and bruises, but we always manage to survive and have fun.
Alice loves to climb into things. She loves boxes, bowls, lids and anything else she thinks she can fit into even though sometimes it's impossible. She is very persistent. She just keeps trying.
Alice loves to watch tv. She would be a tv addict if we didn't regulate things. Her favorite shows are Yo Gabba Gabba, Backyardagains, Wild Kratts, Curious George and Word World. She is also obsessed with robots. Anything that has a robot in it makes her happy. If she sees one she runs around the house screaming "robot, robot, robot."
Alice loves to spend time with her dad. They have a lot of daddy daughter dates. One of alice's favorites is going golfing with Andy and my dad. She also loves to ride in the golf carts and sometimes they even let her pretend she is driving. 
and playing at the park together. Many of a Saturday Andy and Alice go to the park together. She loves to play on the swing set


and run down the new river trail trying to find dogs. Andy says this is her favorite.

I love how Andy and Alice are buddies.

Alice also loves hanging out with her friends. Liz is one of her friends. They are so funny together. The fight like sisters, but they love each other. She calls her IZ.

Alice loves to color. Well, I actually think she loves to throw the crayons all over the room more then she likes coloring, but she does like to color. Right now she is into having you draw things for her. Her number one things she asks for are robots, owls, bees and butterflies.
Alice also loves to dance. She just can't help it. As soon as she hears music with a good beat her body just starts moving. She especially loves it if you hold her and dance with her. Alice is still obsessed with her rain boots. She has some new ones that look like frogs and they are her favorite. She can put them on herself and she wears them everywhere. I have to draw the line when it comes to wearing them to church. Frog boots and a dress just don't go. Alice is growing up so fast and it makes me sad. I can't believe that she is going to be two in just a few short weeks. Life is going by too fast. I love the little person she is turning in to. She is funny, happy, curious, strong willed, loud, loving, kind and super silly. She is amazing. 


7 comments:
she is adorable, jyl. which you already knew, of course.
She is such a sweet girl. I love hearing about all of her adventures.
One of my favorite posts ever! She is stinking cute!!! I was making a mental list of my favorite pictures in the post, and then the list got too long and I couldn't remember them all. I love them all. I need to see this kid more often. :( I'm going to work on that...Love you guys!!! ~Wein
She is simply ADORABLE!!!
I too love this post. Alice is such an adorable, beautiful, and fun little girl. I am so proud to be her Aunt. We looked at Alice's pictures as a family & we all think she is too cute! Love you Bug a Boo!
She is a cutie! It was fun to sit behind you in church today!
LOve that personality that I can see in all of her fun expressions! <3
Post a Comment