I had two more cakes this week. I was a busy girl. Poor Alice, but she did get to spend some quality time with her grandma and grandpas and her awesome dad. I don't know what I would do without these people. My first cake was for a sweet 16 party. I wish I could have had a cake like this for my 16th birthday. I don't think I even had a party. My choice, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have one. All I wanted to do was go on my first official date since there was no dating until 16. The theme was red, black and zebra strips.
Second cake was for my friend Teresa's baby shower. She is having her third boy and wanted a baseball theme. Her older boys are 14 and 11 and they each play on two teams. They are a baseball fanatics. The cake started out as one, but I didn't think it was proportionate so I cut it in half.
On the grass part I decided to make a bunch of cake balls that looked like baseballs and pile them on top.

Of course there had to be a cute chuncky muncky baby on top.

Here is the mom to be. Teresa. Love her. We had fun putting the baseball themed food/Teresa's favorite food together. We had chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, little hot dogs, caramel popcorn, hello dollies (or 7 layer bars), veggies and of course peanuts. Next are just some fun pictures from the shower.





This is my awesome friend Elicia. I loved capturing her face as she took a bite of the cake ball.

The inside was oreo. Yumm. Thanks linz for the recipe. So easy. You just take one pack or oreo's (I used double stuffed) and 1 (8oz) block of cream cheese. Mix them all together and dip in chocolate. Yum Yum. I love that her bite looked like a heart.
These are my friends Victoria, Dani and Allison. I love how happy they are in conversation. It was such a fun night. Good food and good friends and the opportunity to celebrate a new birth. Perfect.

3 comments:
Jyl's awesome (frequent) blogging = happy Lindsey. Love the cakes. I can't believe on the big baseball cake that you actually made it look the the stitching was coming out of the cake. Amazing. The sweet 16 cake was fabulous. I can't even remember when I turned 16. Obviously I didn't do anything great either. I didn't have a date lined up any time soon. I don't think I actually went on a date until I went back to Vegas to visit that summer and it was hardly a date since we all hung out just like we would have anyway. I LOVE the zebra stripes and the occasional polka dot ball is perfect. You should do that again sometime. Hmm...what else. Oh, the oreo balls. They look amazing. And I thought mine were okay. I'm glad nobody here sees your work. I don't know how you dipped them so perfectly, butI'm totally impressed. Love you tons! ~Wein
Everything was so yummy. My kids were jealous of the cute cake ball I brought home to eat.
Jyl, I know that I rarely comment on your blog but I still love to spy on you and your little family! I just had to comment on here and say Yea!!! for Teresa and baby #3! Pass along a congrats for me if you get a chance!
-Emily Charter
Post a Comment