Our sweet little Cora is 6 weeks old. She is such a sweet heart. She started smiling last week, which we love and she doesn't just save her smiles for us. She gives them out freely. Cora is still sleeping well. We go to sleep around 11:00 and she only wakes up twice at night. Each time she eats and falls right back to sleep. What an awesome baby. Cora is starting to fill out her clothes so we weighed her the other day. Eleven pounds. I couldn't believe it. She is such a chuncky monkey. Cora loves her grandma's and especially loves to sleep on there shoulders. They have the magic touch. Cora can sleep through anything. It blows my mind. Alice can be screaming, singing, beating on her drum or playing the triangle and this kid wont even flinch. Thank goodness or she would never sleep.
Now I couldn't do a post without talking about my sweet, fun loving Alice. Alice is seriously the best big sister and she loves her sister so much. Every morning she crawls into bed with Cora and I and looks to see if Cora's eyes are open. If they are alice screams, "her eye's are open, her eye's are open." She then proceeds to hug and kiss her sister like mad. When Cora cries, Alice is the first to run and comfort her. She makes up the sweetest lullaby's for her sister. One day Cora was crying on the couch, so I ran into the kitchen to grab, something, and I noticed Cora's cry was quieter, I looked around the corner and her comes alice caring her sister. I thought I was going to die, but Alice was so proud of herself. She said, "here mom, cora is sad. I brought her to you." Sweet but scary. Alice cracks me up. They do the chicken dance at her class that she takes on Monday and because of that dance she has learned to shake her hips. Now when the music comes on she jumps up and shakes her hips. It is adorable and she is getting quite good at it. The other day my mom asked Alice if she wanted to take a bath and Alice responded, " I suppose so." Too funny. Today we called Grandma Rachel on the phone to see if we could see toby at that same time the song Firework came on and alice say, "oh, grandma tonight the night is on I have to dance," then she ran away to dance. Alice loves to play in my parents shower, the other day she told my dad he had to stay in her "house" aka the shower. My dad said, "well it's a little wet," she responded with, "it's ok, it's a happy house." To cute. We love this kid and love watching her grow up. I love love love being a mom of two. It is awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Ellie says, "THat's Alice? She's grown! I barely even recognizer her!"
I love it when they start to smile. It's when I got get mommy payback from all the work at the start.
your girls are super cute. miss you all!
Holy moly these kids are cute. I can't believe Cora's smiles and how awesome she sleeps. And I love that you wrote the funny things Alice says...keep doing that please. Love the story of her carrying Alice, too...I would have died.
Don't worry, God makes each extra sibling tough enough to handle the loves and holdings of the older sibling.
Post a Comment