Monday, April 1, 2013

Getting ready for easter

First I thought I would throw in a cute picture of Cora 1 month old. This is pretty much what she did while we prepared for Easter. What a good kid. 
 Each day while Cora was sleeping Alice & I would do a different art project. Our first Easter project was to decorate a paper easter egg with tissue paper. Alice loved it. She would tell me the color of the tissue paper while she put it on the egg. I had no idea alice knew her colors. She always tells me she doesn't know or the wrong color, but this day she was spot on. All this time I think she was pretending. Our second project was a giant easter bunny face. Alice loved being able to use glue to glue on the cotton balls. I love the way it turned out.

 Our third project was using easter stamps which wasn't my favorite because it was so messy, but Alice and even Andy seemed to be having fun. Our fourth project was to decorate an easter bunny. We used a golf tee to decorate the bunny with fur. We used a cotton ball for the tail and crimped paper for the grass. We then used cotton balls and white paint to make clouds. Then we finished it off with some felt flowers.
We also made a fun color sorting egg using colored easter bunnies and easter eggs. Alice had to line all the eggs up. I don't know why, but that is what she always does when she sorts. And they had to be in one long line not rows. I hope this means she will have a clean room when she grows up. 
 I had to throw this one in. I think Cora looks like Uncle Fester in this picture. Totally cracked me up.
 We did four easter egg hunts this year. The first started on Tuesday at the country club. This was alice's first real easter egg hunt where she really knew what was going on and she was super excited. When they said ,"Go," she was ready. She was so focused picking up egg after egg, I though, "wow, we have a competitive easter egg hunter." Oh, how I was so wrong. Our next easter egg hunt was at a local park. This time when they said go, Alice acted like she had no idea what to do. By the time she actually started picking up eggs they were pretty much all gone. I think she maybe got 5 eggs.

 It was so fun watching Alice open her easter eggs (with her mouth) to see what was inside.



 Man did she love all that candy. After the Easter egg hunt we headed down to Grandma Rachel's house to do some more fun easter stuff. First up was decorating an Easter house.
 Next, and I can't believe we did this with a three year old, we died Easter eggs. I think we only managed to die one of grandma's drawers blue, other than that it went really well. Alice was amazed that the eggs would change color. Grandma even taught her how to use a crayon first then you dye the egg to make a cool pattern.


 After all that fun we were off to another easter egg hunt. This time it was at a friend of ours from the ward. I think we had half the primary there. We even got a group shot, which I thought was an amazing  with that many kids.
 I'm not sure what Alice is doing in the photo, but I love it. I love how expressive this kid is.
 This egg hunt went even worse than the last. This time she picked up three eggs, saw the swing set and then it was all over. I tried to convince her to find some more eggs, but no way. Not with...
 a twisty slide, 
 a seesaw, swings, 
 a lookout, 
 and a pirate ship. Who cares about eggs when you have that. 
 I will say when it was all over and she was opening the few eggs she did get she was disappointed when there was only 7, but I know she had a blast anyway, plus we still had one more easter egg hunt to go.
















1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

First of all, your art projects are awesome! They turned out so cute. The easter egg hunting was hilarious (but I don't blame her on the last one...that was a pretty awesome place to play.) And the pictures of Cora are adorable.