It has been a long time since I have blogged. Sorry to everyone that has been checking. Now, I'm going to warn you. This is going to be long, but there are lots of pictures, so you impatient people can skip the words and just look at the pictures. As I left off last I had just finished my cake for the member guest tournament at the country club. That was the beginning of all the craziness. I had to throw these next two pictures in for fun. I found these pictures on my mother in laws camera and had to steal them. This would be my sister in law kimmie with her hubby. She cracks me up.

During this last month were celebrated Andy's cousins birthday. Some how we were able to get him to do the game I'm a Chubby Bunny. I'm sure all you girls camp girls remember this one. It was just as funny to see it done now and it was way back when. The best part is that this kid is about my age. Maybe a year older. I can't remember. What a good sport.
Next was Lindsey coming to stay for 3 weeks and no it wasn't long enough. The very next day they were here they put an offer on their very first home in Utah. A couple days later as they were playing wii at my house (until 1 in the morning) they found out there offer was excepted. This friday they sign all the papers and move into there first home. Congrats lindsey and Kurtis. Moving on. While lindsey and kurtis were here we were able to go to Myrtle beach for a week. It was ton's of fun. Lots of sun, fun, shopping and family time. I unfortunately only took 3 pictures. This one of andy standing in front of the back to the future care. He said that it was the real thing. That there was a plaque or something. Oh, and it was his idea to get the picture taken. Boys. 
Here is lindsey and Kurtis. Lindsey cut all her hair off and I love. Aren't they cute. The last picture was of a turtle and I don't know why I took a picture of it. Luckily, lindsey took a thousand pictures while she was here so hopefully I can post some of those soon.
After the beach dropped Kurtis off at the airport (he had to get back to work) and the rest of us came back to Christiansburg. We got back just in time to celebrate my moms birthday/going away party for the Friend family. Yes, I lost another friend. It was sad, but they are moving on to a fun part of their lives. No more school. Kim, we miss you. During this last month I was also able to do a baby shower cake for my friend Brooke. Since then she has already had the baby. A beautiful baby girl. I'm sure some of you will recognize the pattern of this cake. I saw it on a sheet set at target and I had to make it into a cake. 

I thought I would throw this cake in too. The kid wanted a tom and jerry themed birthday cake. Yes, tom and jerry are popular again. Who would have guessed. I made this cake using a frozen buttercream transfer. I just thought it turned out so cute.
Now I have to brag. After 5 years of trying we finally planted a garden that didn't die. This is a picture of our first harvest. Oh, how happy we are. This year andy built two above ground garden containers and we did a square foot garden. I'm telling you. It is the only way to go. I like to call it Gardening for Dummies.
This month we also celebrated Andy's birthday. I think he would tell you it was a good one, his favorite present being guitar hero. He plays it every time he gets a free time. Now I do have to say that I have the highest score and it is going to take andy some extra time to beat it. Lindsey also had to fly home on Andy's birthday. It was a very sad day for me. I would love to live by my sisters. Ok, last but not least is my member member tournament cake and our relief society temple trip. Last week I managed to put it a 40 plus work week in 4 days to get this cake done. The theme was Elvis (which I came up with and it just happened to be on his death day and I didn't even know it. Long live Elvis) I convinced them to let me make a fake cake this year (the cake part is Styrofoam) since nobody will cut the cake. I'm not kidding. Nobody will let them cut the cake, so why spend the time to bake one. Here is the note that my boss left next to the cake when I left thursday. I thought it was funny.



We also had our stake temple trip this last weekend (that is why I had to get my 6 day work week in 4 days but it was all worth it) We left on friday morning at 7 am, got to the temple in DC at 1:00 stayed until 7 came back to the hotel, had dinner and went to bed. The next day we were back to the temple at 9 worked and left for the 5 hour drive back at 3. It was wonderful. I love going to the temple. It is so peaceful and I love to think we are bringing families together and binding them for time and all eternity. What a blessing the temple is. I just wish I could go more often, but 5 hours is just to long to pop up for a day. Maybe someday I will be able to live close to one.

Here is the cake. I don't know why I have a fascination with elvis but I do. When we drove from Arizona to here I made andy stop in memphis so I could go to Graceland for the day. We planned our trip around it. What can I say. Elvis is the King. I based the cake off his movies and songs. The top tier was love me tender and viva las vegas. The second tier was his top 10 albums and the bottom tier was Blue Hawaii.

The top was a record

Look how cute is bare chest is.
We also had our stake temple trip this last weekend (that is why I had to get my 6 day work week in 4 days but it was all worth it) We left on friday morning at 7 am, got to the temple in DC at 1:00 stayed until 7 came back to the hotel, had dinner and went to bed. The next day we were back to the temple at 9 worked and left for the 5 hour drive back at 3. It was wonderful. I love going to the temple. It is so peaceful and I love to think we are bringing families together and binding them for time and all eternity. What a blessing the temple is. I just wish I could go more often, but 5 hours is just to long to pop up for a day. Maybe someday I will be able to live close to one. Besides all that my refrigerator broke 3 days ago and it still hasn't been fixed, alley received a doggy door for andy's birthday and she loves her new found freedom, I have had poison ivy for the last 3 weeks and I can't wait to have a sleep day when there isn't something to wake up for. Thanks for taking the time to read the longest blog ever. Now that I'm kind of caught up they shouldn't be so long. Till later.

6 comments:
That is one SWEET cake! You never cease to amaze me! I am glad that Lindsey was able to go out to visit you, I would love to see more pictures. Good to have you back, Jyl. I've missed your posts.
PS Teresa finally has her first garden and she loves it. She says its magical for her to see her precious plants grow.
Holy Cow!!! How long did it take you to do this post? Lindsey looks great by the way! We miss you guys! I hope Andy had a great birthday!
Awesome cakes as usual. How do you cope with the stress when cakes crack? I couldn't do it.
Where do I start bug? First of all, Elvis is absolutely adorable. You would be good at designing figurines. Love the cake. Love all of the cakes. I like the pink, white, & brown combination of baby shower cake. Lindsey & Kurtis look great. I love Andy's pic. with the car & wow, did all those veggies really come from your garden? That is awesome. How fun to be able to cook with your own produce. Jyl & Andy's farmers market. Miss you & I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
I looked at this the morning you posted it, and I reread it all today. I'm not sure hwy I do that...it makes me happy, but then it makes me sad at the same time. I miss you tons, Bug. I miss Andy, too. I wish you both lived close. Someday...at least that is what Dad keeps telling me. I'm so glad that I was able to spend so much time with you. I'm already bugging Kurtis about when I can go back. Soon I hope. I wish I could come with everyone to Shauna's, but oh well. Maybe next time. Love you like crazy!!!
~Wein
Okay, so I love the Elvis cake, and you might be interested to know that Elvis and I share the same birthday... and Crystal's birthday is the day he died. :-) Just a little fun fact for ya!
Post a Comment