I was a lucky girl two weeks ago and was able to make 2 wedding cakes and a grooms cake in the same week. It was crazy. I ended up having to make 3 wedding cakes and a grooms cake. I will explain in a little bit. I was lucky enough to have to brides that wanted fun cakes. Cakes that would express there personalities. That is very rare in the bride world. Usually they bring in a picture of something white and say, " can you copy this." Not this time. The first bride said I want a fantasy cake with pink and green with butterflies. That's it. Well, I made the cake and I was so happy that I got it done early so could start on the other wedding cake. I went to sleep that night, woke up and looked at the cake. The middle layer and the top layer split in half. I'm not joking. It was crazy. I guess the cake was too moist. So I ended up having to re-bake and make the cake over. The good thing was that I liked the second cake better than the first. I also don't know what I would have done with out Lindsey. She totally saved me. I wish she could move here and be my full time apprentice. She did everything I asked, plus more. She even helped deliver the cake (which is andy least favorite part). She would hand me things and clean up after me. It went so fast and so smooth. Thanks lindsey. So after all that here is the cake.





I had to put this one so you could see their kitchen table. Isn't it gorgeous.

The second wedding cake I did was for a family friend. Usually when I do a wedding cake I sneak in, set up and get out before any one can see me. Not this time. I was able to see the cake all the way through the night. It was fun to see the reactions of everyone. I snuck this picture in of andy and I since we never have pictures taken of the two of us.
Here is the brides reaction. It was awesome. When she called she asked if I could do an outdoors theme with a waterfall. Here mom was not happy at all, but the bride and groom loved it. I guess he proposed while they were hiking. 
So here it is. My whole family came to watch me set it up. My mom, lindsey and Andy did all the rocks. I was very proud. Once again, oh, lindsey I miss you.

I just love the little pine trees. I was so proud of the bride for doing this cake. It was so personal. Most brides are afraid to think outside the box, but when you do, you get a cake that no one will forget.

Grooms cakes are becoming very popular around her and this bride wanted one. She asked for the groom to be fishing. She also asked if he could be catching a big fish. This is what they got. The kids loved this one.

It's a salmon if anyone is wondering.
All in all it was a very busy week, but with lindsey's help it didn't seem it. So, lindsey, if you want to quit your quest to be a speech pathologist and come work for me I would love to have you.

3 comments:
Amazing!!! What else can I say:) I love the picture of you two!
I am blown away by your awesome cakes. How fun is right! I don't know if I have a favorite, because I love them all. However, the waterfall cake is pretty awesome. I just talked to beaner & she said that she loved helping you make the cakes. That would be fun if you guys made them together. Maybe someday. Believe me Jyl, you won't ever want me join in on your baking business. Why didn't I get even a teeny bit of your talent?
I love looking at these cakes. You truly are incredible, Jyl. And you look BEAUTIFUL in the picture with Andy. I'm so proud to be able to say I did a tiny bit to help you out. Really, I just had fun being with with all day for 3 days in a row, watching movies, and basically palying with playdough. No wonder why I like working in preschool. No worries, Bug...all I have to do is get this degree since I've gotten myself into it, and then I'd love to quit and just work for you. That sounds awesome. In fact, we need to all live together. Shauna can teach preschool, I can consult on the side if she has kids that need my help, we can all send our kids to Shauna for school, and then you and I can make cakes while they are gone. Sounds great. Wouldn't it be awesome to all live by eachother again? I really have the best sisters in the whole world. You are my favorite people to be with, my best friends, and I love you both so much. Thanks for being the most amazing person ever! I love you!
~Wein
Post a Comment