So this is the last post on Seattle I promise. I'm going to start off by telling you how much fun I had with my nieces. Oh how I love them. Adalyn is a princess and Cosette is such a jokester. Adalyn is a beautiful ballerina in training and loves to do bar work. Well, Cosette watches her and mimics her. This is her version of an arabesque (extending your leg out to the back). She does it all the time. I like to call it the ballerina peeing pose. So cute and she is so proud of it.
Adalyn as you see is always a princess. This is one of the conversations we had with her.Adalyn: mommy i'm said
Shauna: how come sweetie
Adalyn: because cozy doesn't have long hair
Shauna: she is just a baby when she is your age she will have long hair too
Adalyn: oh good, then she can be a princess. (she thinks you have to have long hair to be a princess)
Her favorite new movie we watched was Barbie and the Diamond Castle. She liked the parts when the princess were singing and dancing, but I could have sworn that she blushed when they introduced the princess. So cute. Even when we went walking one day both her and cozy had to dress as princess. Shauna, you have to be so proud.
While I was in Seattle one of the main things I wanted to do was go to the temple. Well, the last season started at 8:00. We left Shauna's house at about 7:00. It takes 45 min. to get to the temple. I figured we would not make it. We said a quick prayer and just asked that if possible please help us to make it to the temple. Shauna has one of those tom tom things and as we drove the amount of time to destination went from 45 min, to 43 to 42 and so on and so on. We accidentally missed the turn which added another 5 minutes or so onto the drive, but miraculously we made it. I couldn't believe it. By the way, shauna can run really fast in high heels. There was only 8 of us in the session, but it was amazing and we were in and out in exactly 2 hours. now that is a record for me. Oh how I love to attend the temple. It always gives me the strength to make it through the rest of the time until I can go again. Here are the only pictures we took.





While I was in seattle I was able to go to my first quilt store. I went a little crazy, but it was awesome. If you didn't know I have been trying to get into quilting. I have made three so far. I will post my finished quilts when I am done.
While I was in Seattle one of the main things I wanted to do was go to the temple. Well, the last season started at 8:00. We left Shauna's house at about 7:00. It takes 45 min. to get to the temple. I figured we would not make it. We said a quick prayer and just asked that if possible please help us to make it to the temple. Shauna has one of those tom tom things and as we drove the amount of time to destination went from 45 min, to 43 to 42 and so on and so on. We accidentally missed the turn which added another 5 minutes or so onto the drive, but miraculously we made it. I couldn't believe it. By the way, shauna can run really fast in high heels. There was only 8 of us in the session, but it was amazing and we were in and out in exactly 2 hours. now that is a record for me. Oh how I love to attend the temple. It always gives me the strength to make it through the rest of the time until I can go again. Here are the only pictures we took. 
Shauna wanted this one for old times sake. We have tons of pictures from when we were kids posing with statues. My mom must have thought it was cute.

For Cosette's actual birthday we took her to the super mall so they could ride the carousel. We were the only people on it so the girl let us go for a very long time. I thought it was very nice of her, but boy did I get dizzy. If your wondering Adalyn chose a dragon (very princessy) and cozy had a horse. Unfortunately I dropped my camera so I couldn't get a picture of cozy.

Afterwards, I emptied my change purse out and let the kids ride on the animated rides. Adalyn chose a rocket, cozy choose a jeep and...

they both went on a roller coaster.

Ok, I had to add this one. See that twig, well it ended up were everything else does. In her nose. She loves to stick everything up her nose. Forks, spoons, food, everything. Why do kids like to stick stuff up there nose. I just don't get it.
While I was in seattle I was able to go to my first quilt store. I went a little crazy, but it was awesome. If you didn't know I have been trying to get into quilting. I have made three so far. I will post my finished quilts when I am done. The last thing I was able to do was go see Mount Rainer or as adalyn calls it "the volcano mountain". Mount Rainier is an active volcano, has 26 glaciers and is 13,210 feet taller (greater than a K2, but is a volcano so it isn't technically a mountain). The peak has snow on it all year round. It is amazing to see up close. This is driving through the national forest.









That night I had to say goodbye to adalyn and cozy. When I told adalyn the look on her face looked like I had sucked all the happiness out of the world. I told here that it was ok, I would see her at christmas time. She said, when's that. I told her it was right after her birthday. With a big grin on her face she said, "that's soon." Oh, to be a child again. So cute. It was a very foggy day that morning as I flew out. As we flew above the clouds there was Mount Rainier clear as day. It looked like it was floating in a sea of white. All and all it was a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to go back. I love you and miss you Williams Family. Thanks for hanging in on this crazy long post. I heart Washington.

This is a stop point on the way up to the visitors center.

This just makes me laugh. We were all in a very good mood this day. Don't you love their matching jackets.

Mount Rainier in the background. This is the biggest smile adalyn could give. So cute.

Another awesome view.

So, I threw this in for a little humor. I think it is so funny to see shauna change cosette's diaper while she is standing up and she loves to get her diaper changed. When she has a dirty diaper she goes and gets a diaper, her wipes, powder and that rash cream, brings it to you then goes and lays on the floor. What a smart little kid.

Mount Rainier in the back. Love it.

It was so cold and windy, but the air smelt so clean.

One more fun shot. I love these little kid carrier things. They are practical and comfortable. Unfortunately for us everything was closed. I guess that weekend was the last weekend they were for the season and we came on a Monday. We did get to walk around a little and take in the views. I can't wait until I can drag andy out there and we can do a couple days of hiking. It is just so gorgeous.

Just because I know you can't get enough of this beautiful landscape.
That night I had to say goodbye to adalyn and cozy. When I told adalyn the look on her face looked like I had sucked all the happiness out of the world. I told here that it was ok, I would see her at christmas time. She said, when's that. I told her it was right after her birthday. With a big grin on her face she said, "that's soon." Oh, to be a child again. So cute. It was a very foggy day that morning as I flew out. As we flew above the clouds there was Mount Rainier clear as day. It looked like it was floating in a sea of white. All and all it was a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to go back. I love you and miss you Williams Family. Thanks for hanging in on this crazy long post. I heart Washington. 
3 comments:
I'm not sure how many times I have said that I wish I could have been there, too, but I'll say it one more time...I wish I could have been there! You're right about it being gorgeous. Seattle has all the beauty of Virginia and even the mountain look from Utah. It's basically a perfect combination. We just need more students to take seminary, so Kurtis and I can get transfered there. :) Then you, Andy, Mom, and Dad could move there and it would be perfect! I could be your assistant and we could play with the girls all day. Sounds heavenly. Love you! ~Wein
I love the pictures of the mountains.
Great pictures! You totally need to live by your sister:) Washington is so you!
Post a Comment