Thursday, September 18, 2008

Seattle Part 2

Part two starts with a trip to the Puyallup Fair. Shauna says to think puke-u-up, when trying to pronounce it. By the end up the trip if I wanted to talk about Puyallup (shauna would always correct my pronunciation) I just started calling it the puke you place. Well, the Puyallup Fair is the largest fair in Washington State and one of the top 10 largest fairs in the U.S. They usually have around 1,000,000 people come each year and it lasts 14 days. Huge huh. I loved it. The first thing we see when we walk in is a wood carving booth. If I could have transported one of these home I would have. 
They fair had crafts, pie contests, 5 or 6 barns, tons of food, carnival rides, mutton busting, concerts (concerts as in Carrie Underwood, Kid Rock, etc. and no I do not like kid rock, it just happened to be one of the names I remembered), a rodeo and more. I think we spent 5 hours there. The kids had so much fun riding on rides and I had so much fun trying a elephant ear for the first time. It is a wheat scone with butter, cinnamon and sugar and is about the size of a pizza. Yum. Here are some fun pictures of the girls. 

I know that Ben has to be so proud of his kid. Out of all the things she could have chosen to ride on (bike, motorcycle, plain, train, etc) she chose a four wheeler. If you see the slide in the back ground we also went on that. I took adalyn and ben took cosette. I wish I had a picture, but that would be on shauna's camera. 
While we were waiting for the monkey show this is what cosette and grandma janice were doing. For some reason it cracked me up. 


The monkey show was awesome. There were 3 baboons all famous from different movies. The one i can remember was Evan all Mighty. I had tons of fun fighting my way through the crowds of parents so adalyn and cosette could actually see. They loved it. I loved it. That evening ben decided to put together his manly man room aka office. Yes, the dear head was the first thing he hung up. Wow ben, you make a great hind end of a dear. 
I was fortunate enough to be out there for Cosette's 2nd birthday. This is adalyn kissing all of the balloons. She did this for about 5 minutes. She would call the blue and yellow balloons boys and the pink and purple balloons girls. Adalyn was also my little helper. We mad her and cosette cupcakes and she decorated them all by herself. 
Here is the cake. Cosette loves animals right now. Every book I read was about animals. She loves to make all the sounds. My favorite is a seal. So cute. 
When she first saw the cake she didn't quite know what to do with it. After a while she started to point to each animal and tell us what sound it made. She seriously had to touch each thing and make the noise. 
I turned my back for a couple of seconds and this is the masterpiece she had created. I was actually quite proud. What a creative little girl. 
Now that's good. 
Cosette loved opening her presents. At first she didn't know what to do, but as soon as she figured out there were presents under the wrapping paper she went crazy. It was so much fun watching her. Everything she would open she would get excited about. Even the clothes. This was her favorite. It is a tube from Ikea (oh, how I love thee Ikea. You always bring a smile to my face). She took all her clothes in there and put them in the middle. The would then tear through the tube, stop in the middle pick up an article of clothing and climb the rest of the way out so we could admire each piece. So cute. 
As everyone knows shauna was a school teacher. In fact, shauna has been a teacher for as long as I can remember. Even when we were little kids she would have a pretend school and teach lindsey and I. She would even give us test and homework. I'm not sure why we didn't just tell her no. Well, while I was out there my mom and I helped shauna set up her new preschool. After shopping around for preschools for Adalyn and only finding scary stuff shauna decided just to start one of her own. She is still certified as a teacher and she is definitely qualified to teach so why not. She has 6 kids in her class. It was so much fun setting up and I was also able to be there for the first two days. The kids were so happy and Shauna is seriously the most awesome teacher. I was totally impressed. Here are some fun pictures. 
Can you believe how organized she is. What kid wouldn't love this.  
Here they are making there first project. They learned about the color red, circles and how to write the first letter of their name. Look how cute miss Adalyn is and she is definitely sitting by the cutest kid in the class. 
If you can believe there is still part 3 to come. Sorry. I just had way to much fun. 

5 comments:

Toni said...

I love Cosette's cake. That's cool that Shauna is teaching preschool at her house.

Lara said...

I couldn't help but laugh - I remember being 'taught' or playing school when we were young. I thought it was pretty fun. I also remember her teaching us a dance. That was pretty fun too. I am sure she is an awesome teacher - those lucky kids!!

summerk said...

Jyl, your blog is awesome. I kept looking at your cakes with my mouth wide open... out of total disbelief! They are amazing!! I'm excited to show Clint when he comes home; he's not going to believe it!
Very cute blog! And thanks for the visit! :)

Brianna Soloski said...

Jyl,

That's so cool that your sister started her own preschool. It's been fun catching up on your life!

brianna soloski
http://www.pocketfulofsunshine.wordpress.com

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Bug, I cannot believe all the fun stuff you guys got to do. I wish I could have been there. Why are we not doing Christmas in Seattle? It definitely seems like the place to be. I loved all of the pictures. The girls are adorable. Thanks for adding all the details. I could totally picture all of the stuff the girls were doing. Your cake was so cute! Love you! ~Wein