If you have been wondering were I have been, I have been in Seattle visiting my sister shauna and her family. Now I have never been to Washington State, so I was so excited when my sister moved there a few months ago. As soon as they signed the papers to their house, I booked a trip out. I had very high expectations for the state and lets just say I was not disappointed. This is the view just driving up to my sisters house. Yes, that is mount rainier. Isn't it gorgeous.

This would be shauna's house. It was an awesome find. It was a foreclosed home that had been totally trashed. They have done so much work to make it a home and it really payed off. It is wonderful. All the homes in her neighborhood are built to take in the view. They are all long, but not very deep. From the front of shauna's house you see the valley and tacoma. From the back you see mount rainier. Wouldn't you love to wake up to that every day.

One of the best parts of the trip was seeing my adorable nieces. This is sweet Cosette. She just turned two on the 11th. She is a crack up. She is all smiles and hugs. She also has a funny evil (in a totally cute way) low laugh that just cracks me up.

This is our princess Adalyn. She is all girl. She loves pink, princesses, barbies, dress up, dancing, and anything else that is girly. She reminds me so much of Shauna growing up. This just happens to be a picture of her going to her first dance class of the year. We were all able to go and watch her. At the end of it we all decided that the teacher was not good and Shauna ended up enrolling her in a different studio which was much better. If you tell adalyn that she is pretty she will tell you, "No, I'm Beautiful (pronounced B- U-tea-ful)."
Our next big adventure was to the Museum of Glass in Tacoma. If you don't know this about me, I love the art of glass. For a few years I really thought about getting a degree in the art of glass making, but I couldn't figure out how I was going to make a living doing that, so I went to culinary school instead. Go figure. When shauna told me their was a glass museum I just had to go. Here it is. 
In the cone is a big studio where you can go and watch them make different pieces.

It was situated right on the water. How awesome is that.

Here is the studio inside the cone. It was so fun watching them work. As they worked, there was a woman that explained what they were doing and gave some pretty cool facts.

I love this picture of adalyn. You can tell she is just fascinated. I wish you could see cozy too. It was even interesting to a 2 year old. While we were watching the women that was narrating, came over and said hi to adalyn and cosette. She even answered some questions for them. I just thought that was so wonderful, that she would take a little time to come and talk to these little kids. I know that they will remember it. What a great impression she made on them. I hope when they are older they will still remember the fun time the had at the glass museum.

After we looked at a couple exhibits and had lunch we went into this room. They have a resident artist that teaches little mini classes to the visitors of the museum. It was something fun for all ages. Here are the girls working on their pieces.

This was my finished piece.

Here is shauna's. (sorry mom we didn't get a picture of yours)

After all the fun everyone was a little tired. I believe this picture explains it all.

As we were leaving there was just a few more things we had to see on the way out. This exhibit was on the roof. They are little glass birds.

This was The Chihuly Bridge of Glass featuring glass pieces by Dale Chihuly. If you don't know who he is click on the link and find out. Many of you have probably seen some of his work at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. He is truly inspirational. A little side note. You can see my mom is talking on the phone in the corner, well, we all just found out that lindsey and kurtis just singed the papers for there very first home. How exciting. Congratulations lindsey and kurtis.

Close up of just a few pieces.

Have you ever seen glass this big?

Part of the bridge you have to look up and this is what you see as the ceiling.
If you are near seattle you have to go check this place out. Not only was the museum fun for us adults, it also kept a 2 and 4 year old happy for 4 hours. Now that's amazing. It just shows how you shouldn't underestimate the mind of a child. They are never too young to experience the beauty of art. Ok, I know I sound like a nerd, but I can't help it. I just love art. All in all the first 3 days were awesome. Now I know you are wondering were is andy? How come no pictures of him? He didn't want to come. I know, CRAZY. Lets just say by day two he was regretting not coming. Stay tuned for days 4-10.

6 comments:
Cool!! That looks really fun and interesting. I have never been to Washington state either, but I want to. I hear it is beautiful!
I miss you already bug! We did have fun didn't we? I am already looking forward to your next trip. Talk to you soon. Cute pics by the way.
The museum looks really cool. I love glass art. Jeff would love to live near Seattle - I think the overcast days would get to me eventually.
What a fun trip. I love the view from your sister's house...not much to look at here in Vegas.
I love learning new things about you. The glass art is amazing! It looks like you had fun in Washington. We're looking forward to part two.
Hi Jyl! I found your blog through Bethany's. Looks like life is good for ya. Where are you living these days?
Brianna Soloski
http://www.pocketfulofsunshine.wordpress.com
Post a Comment