Here are the cakes I have done in the last two weeks. My first cake was a purse cake. My first purse cake I did I wasn't super happy with. I thought it ended up looking more like a scripture case then a purse, so I was happy to make another one to redeem myself. The women that ordered it, was giving it to her mother for her birthday. I guess her mother was so tickled with it she drove around for the next two day showing everyone she new. Finally on the third day her daughter convinced her to eat it.

The inspiration for the cake came from some fabric I had seen online. I just love it and knew I had to recreate it. Half way through Andy called and asked if I was happy with it, I told him that I think I as going a little over the top, but I couldn't stop. At this point I had to just keep going. In the end I was really happy with it. There a set of pearls I made to go with it, but I forgot to put them on the cake before I photographed it.
My second cake was for a friend of mine. She was throwing a baby shower for her sister. I guess her sisters nursery is a jungle theme so I made the cake to match. I have to admit, it was a little difficult making a jungle theme look girly. 
The one thing I knew before I even did the cake was that I wanted a baby on it in hot pink leopard print.

Around the edges were butterflies, an elephant,

giraffe,

hippo,

a tiger,

and my favorite the caterpillar.

My last and favorite cake for the week was for a girl in my ward that is having a baby girl. I love to give cakes as my gift whenever I am invited to a baby shower. It is just easier for me, and I feel like it is something they will remember. Meredith didn't care what is looked like as long as it was girly (this is her first girl). I was looking on line for some inspiration when I came across this crazy expensive baby bedding. We are talking $650 and up for a set. Well, I saw a raspberry one with circle designs and I knew that was the cake.
I don't know why but my babies always turn out looking Asian. I tried having the baby have their eyes open, but they just looked creepy. This way they just look happy. In fact the babies names when I talk about them are always the Chinese baby. I'm not very creative.
I really wanted to try and make ruffles, so I thought this would be the best cake to try on. She wanted girly, so I gave her girly. The ruffles remind me of a soft tutu. If you are wondering what kind of cake was in the inside, it was chocolate chip pound cake.

I don't know why but my babies always turn out looking Asian. I tried having the baby have their eyes open, but they just looked creepy. This way they just look happy. In fact the babies names when I talk about them are always the Chinese baby. I'm not very creative.
I really wanted to try and make ruffles, so I thought this would be the best cake to try on. She wanted girly, so I gave her girly. The ruffles remind me of a soft tutu. If you are wondering what kind of cake was in the inside, it was chocolate chip pound cake. 

1 comment:
All of your cakes look awesome. I really liked the zipper on the purse.
Post a Comment