The holidays are definitely over. Back to work. After a long day, I found Tucker and Andy like this. Isn't that the cutest thing you have ever seen. Dogs are so great.
It has been crazy cold here which means Andy has had a ton of time on his hands. Luckily his parents have had some things for him to do. They just got granite countertops and decided to tile. Andy was able to be a plumber and a tile layer this week. Here is the beginning of his handy work.
Here is Andy dad getting the tiles ready. He cut the tiles and Andy and Rachel laid them. I was impressed by how quickly they got it done. There is more to the tiles, but I haven't seen it yet. I will post a picture of the final product later.
I was a lucky girl and was able to do a "surprise we forgot to tell you about this party at work," last minute engagement cake. Very simple. What can I say. I only had a couple hours.
I was also able to do a Toby the Tram cake. He is one of Thomas' friends. I think he is supposed to be a box car, but I'm not sure. There is also a close up of his face. I was a little nervous about doing it. It is quite detailed and I'm not so good at that, but I was pleasantly surprised by the final product. 
The week ended with a trip to Raleigh, NC. Some friends of ours were going to the temple for the first time. An added bonus was we were able to visit my friend Kim and her family. They moved a few months ago and I miss them terribly. Kim is everything I would like to become. She is an amazing mother, hard worker, dedicated to the gospel, an amazing friend, and is always happy. I think she must be super woman. Here are her three adorable children.
Can you believe how tall and skinny Nathan has gotten. Just a few months ago he was a pudgy little boy that would scoot around with one leg. Emily was so sweet, she even offered us her bedroom, if we needed a place to stay. David is now in kindergarten and is sooo smart.
If you can believe it Kim is pregnant in this picture due with baby boy in May. Doesn't she look fabulous. We miss you Kim and Daniel. Thanks for letting us come over on such short notice (I called them as we drove down.) We miss you.
Last, but not least, we were able to go to the Raliegh Temple. It was so wonderful. It is one of the smaller temples and I loved it. So intimate. The only bad thing, was with a temple this small they do not have clothing rentals so I had to get a new temple dress. I have wanted one for a while. My other one I bought thinking I would always be my eighteen year old body size, but now I know I should have been more realistic. I wanted to buy the dress that you could rent, (you know the moo moo looking things) but my mom was against it, she thought I should get something beautiful, so we compromised. I got a moo moo made out of pretty fabric and boy is it comfortable and it should fit me for the rest of my life. I have always been about comfort and function when it comes to my clothes. Why wear something if it doesn't feel good. Her is my dad in front of the temple. 
Here is mom and I. don't you love the Frank Loyd Wright looking windows. I just loved them. This trip was a special one. Not only were we there to see our friends go through the temple for the first time, but we were able to see the son sealed to his father and stepmother then turn around and have his wife and 6 month old daughter sealed to him. It was amazing seeing the generations linking together for time and all eternity, not just till death do you part. I felt very blessed to have been there to witness it.

(I don't know why this is all underlined. I can't get it off) What a blessing the temple has been in my life. What strength it gives to me. I love the fact that it is there that we can become families forever. Not just until we die. I also feel that each time I go in I feel that I become just a little better, a little stronger. This year I have a goal to go to the temple more often. A few times a year just isn't enough. Kim was telling me that with such small temple they have the people there in the stakes help keep it by cleaning it and so forth. She said it was interesting to hear people talk about the temple. She said they always call it "My Temple." Wouldn't it be great if we all thought that way. A side note. As I was walking through the LDS bookstore there in Raliegh I saw a plaque that was awesome. It said " There is a skinny person inside of me screaming to get out, but I keep it sedated with Chocolate." I just thought that was too good and needed to share it with everyone.

5 comments:
You are so nice! You had me in tears. We've been in mourning ever since you guys left. It was like seeing family when we saw you. We're so grateful to have you as friends. Come anytime!!!
What a great trip! I love the Toby!!! I miss my Kim too. She is the best!!!
What a fun trip. Going to the Temple is always a great experience, especially when you're supporting friends.
That looks like a great trip. Thank you for posting pics with the Friends. Kim is just AWESOME!
ya, those moo moo types are the best! :)
i love seeing pics of your parents, and you're haircut is awesome..reminds me of Nicole.
Post a Comment