What a wonderful Christmas this was. This year I was lucky enough to be with my entire family for Christmas. My day started at 3 AM. Not because of the kids, but because of Andy. He rolled over in bed Christmas morning and said, "Merry Christmas." I looked at the clock saw that it said 3:00, rolled over and said, "NO!" Well, we were up and dressed by 4 and off to my parents house were we sat around until 7:30 when everyone else woke up. Actually I woke Kurtis and Lindsey up that morning when we got there so someone else could be miserable with me, but the rest I let sleep until 7:30. Here are a few pictures of the girls opening up their gifts from santa. They got tons of princess and barbie things. Shauna was so happy to watch here little girly girls. You should have seen cosette open her pair of Tinkerbell socks. You would have thought they have given her the world, she was so happy. She would say, I like it, I like it.

After the girls opened their gifts from santa we all went down to Andy's parents house for breakfast. This is a tradition. I have been told that they have been making breakfast for their friends and family forever. The food is so wonderful. We had eggs, biscuits and gravy, baked apples, potato casserole, cinnamon rolls, sausage and I'm sure a few more things I can't remember. It's wonderful. It makes waking up at 3 worth it. After we stuffed ourselves and the rest of the guest left we opened up the presents that andy's parents gave us. Sorry there are no pictures. My camera was broken, but I received a camera for Christmas so there are tons of pictures below. Andy's parents spoiled us as usual. We are so blessed. After the fun at the Robinson house we were back to my parents house to open up our presents. I know. Aren't we spoiled. It was an awesome Christmas. You know how when you were little there was that one present that you just loved and played with for months and months well this would be that for the girls.
Lindsey made these tutus and wands for the girls and Andy's mom gave the the tiaras. Let's just say that they wear these every day now. Every time Shauna dresses them a few minutes later they are back in the tutus and if they have a dress on it is under the dress like those things you were under a wedding dress. Isn't that cute. As we were opening our presents we noticed a nice pile in the middle of the floor with.....
Yep, that's tuckers face peaking out of the pile of wrapping paper. He wanted to be part of Christmas and was willing to put up with anything to be right in the middle of it. Once again we were all spoiled by my parents too. I love this picture of the boys in our family. My mom decided to make each one of them a home made gift. Andy and Ben got hats, my dad got some thing that keeps your face warm and Kurtis got a scarf. They were all good ideas, I'm just not sure they got executed well. We all laughed our heads off about this. I think Kurtis made it out the best.
Well, after hours and hours of opening presents and eating Christmas finally came to an end. Between my family and Andy's family we were going from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. It was a long, exhausting day, but it was wonderful. I had my whole family. What an amazing gift. Ok, so the next pictures are for my grandma. She wanted to see out trees. This first tree was my moms. It was a princess themed tree all pink and white. She did it for the grand kids Since the love anything that has to do with princesses or pink.
Here is my tree. This year I had an outdoor theme with leaf and berry garland and rustic ornaments. I think is my best to date. I love a beautiful Christmas tree. Growing up we never had a tree with homemade ornaments or moving ornaments. Each year my mom decorated a tree with theme. They were gorgeous and I loved just looking at them. I guess that just stuck with me so poor Andy never gets to help with my tree.
Since all of us were together for Christmas we thought we better take advantage of it and take a family picture. Now if you have kids, you might want to skip this picture. It is PG13, but it's my favorite. I think this best describes our family even thought my mom is going to kill me for putting this on. This is andy's favorite thing to do. If you haven't experienced it yet, don't worry sometime in your life you will. Now this is why I love this picture. Lindsey and Kurtis are being good kids and pretending not to see anything, my mom is embarrassed and is trying to stop it and the rest of us are laughing our heads off including andy. This is my happy family. My poor mom. 
Ok, here is the good one. Now the miracle of this all is that some how we convinced Andy to take all these picture. It is something that he is very good at, but he hates doing it. What a good sport.

I even got one of just the two of us. And if you haven't noticed, yes I have short hair again. I donated my hair to locks of love. 12 inches to be exact. I miss my hair, but this was a goal I had set for the year.
One cool thing about the holiday is my sisters and I all have our anniversary's in about one and half weeks starting with Shauna and Ben, then andy and I and then Lindsey and Kurtis. We all had Christmas wedding. I guess we all wanted to torture my mom. Once again. Sorry mom. Ours was Christmas eve. Our 6th. Each year it just gets better and better. Love you Andy. Well, Lindsey and I thought it would be fun if she made a cake for Kurtis for their anniversary. 
Didn't it turn out so cute. I was so proud. Here is a close up on the little animals she made for the cake. there was a pig, polar bear, rhinoceros, and my favorite the walrus.

Heres Lindsey working hard. I was so proud of her.
Some other fun things we did this holiday were play the wii, play games (I won sorry, life and pretty pretty princess) make card, magnets and other things and watched some movies. We had a blast. Andy's mom gave me a princess game for the wii and Adalyn loved it. In fact one night Shauna couldn't get Adalyn out of the cars at my mom house because she wanted to go to my house. She said my house was the fun house. Shauna ended up having to bribe her to get out of the car with her old dance costumes. They had so much fun that we all had to join in. 
I love this one of adalyn. Such attitude.

Even Lindsey got in on the game. Believe it or not this was her clogging uniform in middle school. Who would have guessed this kind of outfit has anything to do with clogging.
Our one big outing was to go to Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's House). I hadn't been there since I was about 7, but I was happy to see it was just as I remembered it. The only difference was they had built a beautiful new visitors center. Shauna and Ben had been up to DC to visit his family so on their way back they met us at Monticello. My cousin Laura and her finance Chris came down to to meet us. Here is Laura, Lindsey and I sitting on the steps waiting to go up to the house.
Here is my mom, Chris and Laura in front of the house. My put the scarf around Laura's head. This was the first time that Chris had met my sisters. What better way of introducing him then in the freezing cold and a small confined space. No, we love Chris. We are happy to have him as part of our family. 
Here we are in the cellar under the house. We spent quit a lot of time in here since it was warm and no one was rushing us out.
If you haven't been to Monticello you should go. It is wonderful. It is such a fun way of making history come to life. Well, all in all it was a wonderful Christmas. I would say the only bad part is we were all sick at one time of another. Adalyn and Cosy came out sick (so sick that had to be on breathing treatments), then andy and I got (so sick andy made us go to the doctors), then lindsey, kurtis and ben, then the day everyone was leaving Cosy got sick again. Fun huh. It was a small price to pay for such a wonderful time. No one wanted it to end. Everyone left with lots of hugs and tears. I am just so thankful for my family. They are awesome. Sorry this was so long. Late Merry Christmas to everyone.

7 comments:
Jyl this is perfect! I think you did the best at summing it all up. It all seams a little like a dream to me. I know it happened, but it was all so wonderful that sometimes it doesn't seem real. I can't wait til the next time we see you. I've been waiting for you and Shauna to post something about Christmas. I'm glad that my checking of blogs was not in vain tonight. Miss you like crazy! Love you even more!!!! ~wein
You have such a fun family. I'm glad you got to be with all of the them for Christmas. The animals Lindsey made were so cute.
Love the tree! This makes me excited to have a girl. Do you still want to do V.teaching tomorrow?
Great post! It looks like you all had a ton of fun and enjoyed every minute of it. I love the pictures! I love your hair too! Miss you!
Oh, and nice cheeks there Andy!
Love the hair Jyl. Still no snow and so Mckenzie has not yet had a chance to enjoy the sled.
I can't believe Andy mooned the camera!! Hahahahaaaaa. hahahahhahaaa. hahhaaahahahahahah. And I love how your mom is trying to stop him, that is so classic.
Post a Comment